Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC
Reload this Page >

Bonner Digimite 8 receiver

Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

Bonner Digimite 8 receiver

Old 12-29-2016, 04:11 PM
John Schall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bonner Digimite 8 receiver

I have 2 Bonner Digimite 8 receivers I can't get to work. I have a transmitter that as far as I can tell, is working. It puts out a 16 pulse signal that looks like the one on the oscilloscope, but until I get a receiver to work with it, there is always the possibility that the frame rate is off or something like that. For both receivers, the signal looks good (to me ) till it gets past the squaring amplifier, then it peters out somewhere in the first flip-flop, the lockout F/FCR. I can't find any bad parts, so I am at a loss as to why both receivers don't work. Can anyone out there provide any scope images from any point in the decoder? I understand the later shift register decoders, but flip-flop decoders, esp Bonner, are a mystery. Please somebody help.
Old 12-30-2016, 09:40 AM
jaymen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Make sure the failsafe electrolytic cap is not bad/leaky, as if it is, it will kill the pulses to the decoding section. I seem to recall it's a 1 to 5 uF size cap. The decoder is somewhat of a maze in circuitry because of the way it used a separate pulse for starting and ending each pulse to the servos.
Old 12-30-2016, 11:04 AM
John Schall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I replaced all of the electrolytic caps in both receivers. Electrolytic s don't grow old gracefully. It didn't help any
Old 01-03-2017, 11:17 AM
jaymen

C35 is 50uF Try disconnecting the failsafe circuit as if the lockout is somehow staying on, it will block the pulses from the squaring amp from reaching the decoder/flip flops.
Old 01-03-2017, 11:37 AM
jaymen

Lift D12, disconnect collector of Q22, that will disable the reset flip flop and lockout circuit.