Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC
Reload this Page >

Any Scientific Miss America 80" build logs out there?

Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

Any Scientific Miss America 80" build logs out there?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2018, 04:06 PM
RCBryanSAT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Scientific Miss America 80" build logs out there?

I have a friend who purchased these plans from AMA (Scientific Miss America 80") and is having trouble visualizing putting together the wing center section. We have searched Google for any build logs and have only come across articles and pictures about the plane, but not the actual process building it. Hopefully, someone documented their build or maybe can communicate with him the process. We are in San Antonio, Texas.

Thanks in Advance,
Bryan and Toby
Old 04-08-2018, 06:07 AM
buzzard bait

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

From the plan on Outerzone it's clear that the center section is built flat using a dihedral brace that is flat in the center. Center gets sheeted over, which is good for holding up to rubber bands (use lots of them!). Looks like pretty typical model construction. If unclear, improvise! Main thing is strength across the flat section extending into the wings. The dihedral brace should do that. It's just a model airplane designed by a guy who was a probably a teenager at the time. Make it up...and do a build thread. Good luck to you guys.

https://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=5645

Jim
Old 06-23-2018, 08:42 PM
waynex

Hi. I've just started building a laser cut kit version of Scientific Miss America, started this blog which I'll add to: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/gold...ca-1936-a.html

Wayne
Old 07-14-2018, 05:50 PM
fritzke
My Feedback: (1)

Another version, i have sent this to Outerzone as well
"small" just refers to the file size, which I reduced from the original scans.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
miss america small.pdf (865.1 KB, 39 views)
Old 10-10-2018, 01:40 PM
waynex

That's useful - the plans gave me some ideas on how to tackle the steerable tail wheel dilemma - given that the rudder is above the horizontal stabiliser and blocked from below by it.