Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC
Reload this Page >

"Fisher Red Shift .60" Ever hear of this one?

Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

"Fisher Red Shift .60" Ever hear of this one?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2003, 12:06 AM
glowplugboy
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Fisher Red Shift .60" Ever hear of this one?

I am negoiating an estate buy out and the gentleman indicated he had one of these engines... after clarifying twice to make sure I understood exactly what he was saying over the phone, the engine in question is a "Fisher Red Shift .60". My research materials came up with goose eggs on this engine. Anyone EVER hear of this engine, or do I need to call him again and clarify the name once more?[sm=confused.gif][sm=confused.gif][sm=confused.gif]

Many thanks,
GPB
Old 10-25-2003, 12:35 AM
dennis
My Feedback: (90)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: "Fisher Red Shift .60" Ever hear of this one?

British motor, only a very limited production. Nicely made and definitely a good collectable piece. I can't give you a price as i can't remember it but the motor was reviewed by Peter Chinn in M.A.N in the late 60's early 70's in his foreign news report section of the Mag. That was of course when M.A.N. was worth spending your money to buy it.
Old 11-04-2003, 10:52 PM
nairb5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: "Fisher Red Shift .60" Ever hear of this one?

hi re fisher redshift 61 motor, made in england appx mid 70,s would be now a collectors motor mainly because they lasted appx 2 years of production.very well made motor just didnt catch on,it was fiited with a very good e.d. carb. used by members of the british aerobatics team of the time.if the owner is not aware of its value grab it while you can. brian westralia.