Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC
OK Guys Here Are The Pics! >

OK Guys Here Are The Pics!

Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

OK Guys Here Are The Pics!

Old 05-16-2002, 10:50 PM
My Feedback: (18)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OK Guys Here Are The Pics!

MikeV and Easytiger here is the pic of my Little Esquire with 10 channel reed system. Flies quite well but a little heavy. Will possibly move to Debolt Champ or Esquire. My Dad's Esquire was build over 10 years ago with same system still going strong!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	11345_2169.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	7625  
Old 05-17-2002, 02:05 AM

Default Here is My Minnie Mambo

Here is the Minnie Mambo with an Ace single channel pulser. About 50 flights to date. Great little flier especially on those calm afternoons. Silk and dope.

Name:	11332_2169.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	7626  
Old 05-17-2002, 02:12 AM

Default How About a Ken Williard's Pageboy!

I built this one around 11 years ago from the magazine plans. She has probably 300+ flights. It flew a few weeks ago!

Name:	11334_2169.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	7627  
Old 05-17-2002, 02:17 AM

Default How About A Schoolboy?

This little boy has a gazillion flights on it. It was doped with tissue which has started to peel off. I am now in the process of refinishing. It has the old Mattel pulser.

Name:	11335_2169.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	7628  
Old 05-17-2002, 02:29 AM

Default What do you think?

All these are flying models with the older radios. Like I said my Dad goes way back in RC and had a business building radio gear. He is the on who keeps my stuff up. He also flies the older stuff too. Mine has been quite reliable with no mishaps. I do check battery, range, etc. everytime out but to date all has gone well. Yep I have the computer radio and the modern planes and helis but, this stuff sure is fun and is sure stirs up lots of questions and memories. Lets see some pics guys!

BobHH
Old 05-17-2002, 07:23 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everyone,
Here's a shot of me and my brother around the early 60's with my 1st Falcon 56. As you can see, we're in a cornfield with my trusty Kraft single channel TX right next to me.
Ok, I give up. I'm trying to uploard the picture, I get a message the file is to big, reduce it to 700x700. Right now it's 300x203 with a total of a 179k!
Help!
Jon
Old 05-20-2002, 03:26 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Hey Jon
Did you get your Falcon 56 from Hi-Way Hobby?
Old 06-08-2002, 05:37 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Hi Bobhh and John. I love your pictures and I think they are great and what we are all about. Now if the rest of you guys will start sending and putting your pics out there then we will have a good thing going. I now have a least a dozen (ok maybe not quite that many) of the older radios and still getting some more. Got most of them working but Im no radio guy so still trying to get a few working. Just got a rascal by sig flying with the newer radio and an electric motor. This forty size plane is a beauty for an ARF and well done. Did the mods to install the electric brushless motor and batteries and radio. I know its not an old timer but it would fly great with the older radios also. Anyway great job guys. Lets keep the pictures and articles coming. [email protected]
Mike Valko