Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

81 inch antic

Old 02-28-2003, 03:09 PM
buck1856
My Feedback: (49)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 81 inch antic

just had this proctor plane given to me. it has the originall floats.just needs recovered and a few glue dabs here and there.can anyone tell me how this plane flys and what would be a good 4 stroke for it.honest opions even bad would be greatly appreciated before i spend a lot of time refinishing this. thanks.
Old 05-09-2003, 09:19 AM
bubuyog24

Default 81 inch antic

Hi,
I too is refurbishing one that I got from an auction. I'm almost done and be ready to test fly in a couple of weeks. For power I'm using a .61OS FSR w/diesel head. I have seen one fly with a 120 4 stroke and it flys great. The reason he(the owner) put a 120 is he needed the weight for balance. A good .90 4 stroker can also be used. Now I got a question with regard to my Antic, how many cables runs on top of the wings, Top & bottom and on the tail section, Rudd/stab. I have only 4 cables ontop and bottom of wings. I heard its more than that. I asked the kit maker, Proctor Enterprise, but they didnt answer me. Instead they asked me to get their plans which cost an "arm". Hope you can help.
greg[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-30-2004, 02:26 PM
pcampjax
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: 81 inch antic

Hello all,
My Antic was the third airplane I ever built which was back in 1986. It has been in and out of flying commission several times. It still flies as well as it did the day I first flew it. My skills have improved since then which is why it's gone into storage a few times. It's still a great easy plane to fly, much like a trainer. It will float forever and land predictably. It's also a real pretty airplane if you like golden era aircraft.
I have powered mine with a Enya 80 4-stroke and a Supertigre 60 2-stroke, both engines were more than sufficient in power. With both engines I usually flew at less than 1/2 to 1/3 throttle! With the power at full the Antic just climbs and climbs...I can't believe the 120!![sm=bananahead.gif]
The wings are supported with two wires on top and two on the bottom and after there mounted you run another wire from the leading edge (there should be a hook there) over a screw attached to the top front of the motor mount to the leading edge hook on the opposite wing. At the point on the fuselage where the wings attach toward the trailing edge, two hooks should kind of be lined up opposite each other. This is where you attach a couple of small rubber bands to keep the wings secured to the fuselage. I use a couple of small neoprene o-rings you can buy from any auto parts store. As far as the leading edge wire, I know for a fact that you can fly without it if your support wires are tight. Here's another note, you attach the lower wing wire directly over the bottom cabane support then use some 12lb test fishing line to secure the top wires to the top cabane support. After one wing is attached then go on to attach the second. I wrap the fishing line about 6 - 8 times then knot it.
Good luck on you Antics.

Here's another interesting note: I am presently in the process of converting my Antic to electric power. Look for details as I post them.
Old 04-25-2004, 04:41 PM
old git

Default RE: 81 inch antic

There are plans and build manual available on eBay at the moment. I can't remember where but I think the end (of the auction) is nigh.