Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

antique engines

Old 06-15-2002, 01:16 AM
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default antique engines

I just purchased about 100 old engines from a friend of mine and while I know what the U S engines are worth- Anderson Blue book-,there are probably 40-50 foreign engines mostly German and English and most are diesels that are new in the box.
I would like to know of any books that I can buy that would have an approximate price, or the name of anyone that I could contact about these.
Thanks
Ron
Old 06-17-2002, 01:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default antique engines

Back to the US engines... you may not know what they're worth after all... Frank Anderson publishes asking prices (main source the MECA Swap Sheet), so selling prices may not follow (especially for rare engines) and current prices may vary quickly (especially for engines of particular interest to SAM participants or engines for which a significant stash of new old stock is found -- and that appens more often than you'd probably expect).

If you're thinking of insuring or selling, I'd suggest joining MECA and watching the Swap Sheet a bit and especially go to a few collectos (swap meets) if you can. Also, watch what goes on at ebaY.com. Many things there sell noticeably above the swap meet prices. (You have to look under hobbies/remote control vehicles to find model engines on ebaY.)