Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC
Reload this Page >

Very OLD!!! Scientific Monocoupe 90-A

Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

Very OLD!!! Scientific Monocoupe 90-A

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2004, 09:04 AM
sean GT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Very OLD!!! Scientific Monocoupe 90-A

My friend's dad had a couple old kits in his attic that he gave me. The first was a Craft Air Bull Pup, which I have completed. The second is a Science Craft Monocoupe 90-A with a 50" w/s and is F/F rubber. The blueprints are copyrighted 1935 I have not been able to find out any information about it besides what is in the box. I am not going to build this (from the original parts anyways) in order to preserve this awesome old kit. It comes with everything that would have been required to build it such as little glass bottles (sealed with a cork) containing acetone, banana oil, and dope. It looks like there was another bottle but it is not there. There are also a set of x-acto blades, all the building materials (balsa, tissue, wooden wheels, wire, etc), a bag for pins, an aluminum cowl (app. 6" dia.) and dummy radial engine case, and a 12" balsa propeller. The box is readable, but has a lot of tape on it and only about half of the seams are intact. I would like to find out more info about this kit. Any suggestions? The Science Craft Model Airplane Co. was based out of Newark, NJ. I think this is made by Scientific but I'm not sure.
Thanks, -sean
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40719.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	176155   Click image for larger version

Name:	Db83781.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	176156   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr49102.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	176157  
Old 09-23-2004, 11:10 AM
kdheath

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Very OLD!!! Scientific Monocoupe 90-A

Suggestion-go over to eBay and look up seller easytiger. This is Curtis Mattikow. He has a huge supply of very old kits, and may know something about this one. Curt belongs to a group of guys who collect old kits and might know who to ask if he isn't familiar with the brand. I'm sorry I don't have his e-mail addy handy, but you can get a note to him through eBay.

Later-Ah, found a source.
http://www.aeromodel.com/TM/E10556T89
January 1998 - Threaded
Re: FreeFlightDigest #676 - 01/02/98
>..... There is also a group out there > that specializes in collecting old kits--but I don't know how to get in touch > with them--but I bet someone else on the list does. > > Mike Myers Kits and Plans Antiquitous (KAPA) Morris E. Leventhall 1788 Niobe Ave. Anaheim CA 92804 6 bux/yr in US-- 8bux/yr Canada-- 13 bux/yr rest of planet --US funds Free classifieds d/s