Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC
Reload this Page >

I am over the moon here!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

I am over the moon here!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 05:23 PM
GrnBrt
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am over the moon here!!!!

I just bought two old timer kits from a person here on RCU and am over the moon. They both are 2 that I have wanted because I had built them in my younger years and never thought I would ever find them NIB at this late stage of the game. They are the Berkeley Aeronca C-3 and the Cleveland condor glider. The C-3 has all the parts on the plans so no problem making new ones and keeping the kit NIB and what a trip down memory lane to look at those plans. the Condor doesn't have the parts on the plans but I can copy the sheets and still do it, damn but I be a happy camper.
Old 11-17-2004, 11:00 AM
WORNBOOTS
My Feedback: (33)

Default RE: I am over the moon here!!!!

Art 'Cograts'
Glad you are so happy, now you should start a build post for us. I would like to follow it along'
The Condor sounds like one I saw in Taft years ago in the late 70's
__________________________________________________ _________________________________

**Enjoy the Thrill of Flight' Become an R C Pilot**

****Fingers and Props' Have a Natural Attraction****
Dan Z
Old 11-17-2004, 03:41 PM
Jim Thomerson

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a short repro kit for the original Thermic 72 stashed away. I built one while in high school and thoroughly enjoyed it. One of these days!

Jim
Old 11-19-2004, 12:51 AM
GrnBrt

I built quite a few of the Thermic 72 back in the 50's and it was a fun plane and very popular, kept losing them in thermals as I was living in Palmdale in the high desert, darn good thermal country. I will build them but just don't know when as I have quite a few other ones waiting and heck I waited over 40 years for the Aeronca so a little bit more won't be a big deal!
Old 11-19-2004, 12:17 PM
GoldenAge

The C-3 has all the parts on the plans so no problem making new ones and keeping the kit NIB and what a trip down memory lane to look at those plans.
Get the C-3 built. Not sure what size the Cleveland kit was, but here's my 72" ws Joy Model Products C-3. Someone gave me this kit back in the 70's and I recently completed it. A very nice flying plane!

Here's some inspiration for you......
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jg14091.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	194435  
Old 11-19-2004, 02:01 PM
GrnBrt

Now that sure is nice looking. the Berkeley kit has a WS of 54" so it's a lot smaller then yours. I always thought the plane was actually so ugly that it was cute if that makes any sense?
Old 11-19-2004, 04:14 PM
GoldenAge

Thanks for the compliment!

I always thought the plane was actually so ugly that it was cute if that makes any sense?
I don't know if you can make it out in the photo, but there is an image of the old 'Droopy Dog' cartoon character on the rudder right above the Aeronca logo. When I first saw this airplane, I remember thinking that it was kind of dumpy or droopy looking with that fuselage profile. So that's what I call it...Droopy [8D]

Scott
Old 04-19-2006, 09:39 AM
flyingcubby
My Feedback: (35)

Golden age, do you have set of plans for your Joy c3, Have a kit but no plans....Would gladly pay for copying and postage....Yours is just great looking......Mike
Old 04-19-2006, 03:47 PM
GoldenAge

Mike,

Sent you an e-mail,

Scott