Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

Two Vintage Kits

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2004, 12:19 PM
Spadinator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two Vintage Kits

Hello all...... I aquired three kits yesterday that are missing all the paperwork. The first is a Royal Cessna Skymaster 76" span. The second is two Midwest Sweet Stiks. Neither has any paperwork to help me put them together. Does anyone out there have them that I could get? Any help would be very much appreciated!!! Oh and yes I have checked with the original manufacturers and they could not help me!!! Thanks
Old 12-13-2004, 07:49 PM
boberos

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Two Vintage Kits

Contact Hobby Barn for the Cessna & Midwest for the others.

Good luck,
Bob G
Old 12-13-2004, 08:37 PM
CoosBayLumber
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bob....

You of course know that Royal is out of business. But, I heard that their co-partners Maruka went out of business last month also. If plans are needed, everyone ought to try and locate them now.

Wm.
Old 12-15-2004, 10:42 AM
amelia-air
My Feedback: (82)

there are two Sweet Sticks--Older one & New & improved --Original Stik has the instructions on the plans--I have plans for both versions --Somebody in the Classified ~plans for sale~ has plans for the 60 size sitk--
Old 12-26-2004, 01:21 PM
Navy7603
My Feedback: (1)

Hmmm...don't know if they are "out of business" per se. Hobby Barn appears to be closing out their inventory and they were the only US distributors. However, Udisco Ltd in Canada just updated their website on 12/24 and has all the Marutaka kits in stock. A visit to the (just updated) Japanese website tells you that they only sell direct to Japanese customers at this time. (From their website) They may be undergoing a change of ownership or something similar. Great kits! They truly are! Unfortunately few people build kits anymore, other than some of us old diehards.
Old 12-29-2004, 08:21 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You call'n me 'old'????

Jerry