Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC
Reload this Page >

Engine and Old Radio Hep

Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

Engine and Old Radio Hep

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 05:44 PM
mfranke
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine and Old Radio Hep

Folks
I got back into RC after many year abscence. I'm helping a widow clear out an estate and she has several engines, older than I can
identify( pre 70's) > She also has two transmitters. Both by Orbit. One single stick and one dual stick. Any way to find the value of the engines or the radio. Also looking to sell. Would prefer to make a single transaction. Not looking for a lot of money. Just something fair from someone who would value them personally
Thanks
hey when the planes you started on are now aniques, so are you
Old 01-18-2005, 10:50 PM
Jim Thomerson

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Engine and Old Radio Hep

Need to get the engines identified first. Pictures are best (don't ask me how to post them here) but a description of each engine might get something going.

Jim
Old 01-19-2005, 01:06 PM
jimcork1
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recommend that you use a digital camera to make a .jpg file then upload.

For the pre - 90 radio's I assume they are AM and not narrow band. Therefore the value would be low unless someone wanted to spend the $$ to convert them. You didn't mention if you had any receivers,, servos etc. Take a pic and then use the Click here to upload at the bottom of the text entry block.

You can also scan the items and convert the scanned pic to a .jpg and upload the same way. Good Luck. Jim
Old 01-20-2005, 10:42 PM
Jim Thomerson

ORIGINAL: jimcork1

I recommend that you use a digital camera to make a .jpg file then upload.

For the pre - 90 radio's I assume they are AM and not narrow band. Therefore the value would be low unless someone wanted to spend the $$ to convert them. You didn't mention if you had any receivers,, servos etc. Take a pic and then use the Click here to upload at the bottom of the text entry block.

You can also scan the items and convert the scanned pic to a .jpg and upload the same way. Good Luck. Jim
Ok I'm making progress. Thanks very much, Jim
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw68794.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	218293  
Old 01-21-2005, 05:36 PM
big max 1935
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure what the engine picture is for or who's but it looks like a 1961 Fox .049 or .070 with a Mc Coy needle valve & worth about 25-30 dollars on a good day , who knows on eBay as I have yet to figure out those buyers. MAX H.
Old 01-21-2005, 09:10 PM
Jim Thomerson

Big Max, You got all that right! It is a Fox 07 with a McCoy needle. I couldn't find a Fox 07 needle so I tapped the spraybar 2-56 for the McCoy needle and it worked OK. It has found a new home in Australia. It was one of two little junkers off ebay. Fixed them both up to run, made a couple of buyers happy, and cleared a couple of bucks.

Jim