Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC
Reload this Page >

Looking for Air Trails Sportster kit

Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

Looking for Air Trails Sportster kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 09:59 AM
KG4MIN
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for Air Trails Sportster kit

Looking for source of kit or the kit itself of Midway Models or earlier Cal-Aero Models Air Trail Sportster Series 50. An r/c version of the 1938 (I think) Air trails Magazine model.

Thanks,
Grover
Pensacola, Fl
Old 02-06-2005, 02:15 PM
s. wallace
My Feedback: (24)

Default RE: Looking for Air Trails Sportster kit

Hadn't thought about that kit in a long time. Built one 20 years ago, very pretty little airplane indeed.

Typically Midway Model kits are still available through the cottage Free Flight vendors, but I did just check and the AT Sportster isn't listed any as available.
You check the web for "Klarich Kustom Kits", Harry Klarich cuts literally hundreds of different old timer/nostalgia designs- he may have done this model.

Scott
Old 02-06-2005, 03:16 PM
Gollywock

Grover- Bob Sliffs Model Service http://home.comcast.net/~bsli40/cover.html lists the kit on his site - Jim
Old 02-06-2005, 03:44 PM
KG4MIN
My Feedback: (13)

Thanks Jim. I found his website a couple of months ago and was unable to find it again until your post. He does make this kit. Currently out of stock. I e-mailed him and asked when it might be available. If it doesn't become available elsewhere I will wait for the kit to be produced.

Thanks again,

Grover