Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC
Reload this Page >

1938 Power House by Midway Models

Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

1938 Power House by Midway Models

Old 02-25-2005, 10:45 PM
ebeneezer3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1938 Power House by Midway Models

I have recently obtained the above model from $bay. I plan to build the kit but 1st, intend to trace around the wing ribs and formers on the plan for a record ( there's room). This will let me do it again if I want. Next I plan to get the plan reproduced at Kinkos so I can cut it up for easier building.

Now the reason for the post. Is any one interested in a copy while I'm at it? It is sized to a 50 inch wing span for a 09 to 15 engine. It looks to me like a power house and is a builder's kit, truss type fuselage and lots of blocks to carve. Looks a little over built, heavy parts.

If you're interested send me a pm.

Ted

Old 02-26-2005, 10:32 AM
CoosBayLumber
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: 1938 Power House by Midway Models

Ted....

Those plans were redrawn into several scales a few years back by S.A.M. members and are currently available with modifications for radio use in three sizes, plus laser cut parts. All for less than you probably paid for first set on eBay. Jim O'reiley and Tom Hunt have been doing this for years now, and their plans are clearer.

Sorry, but most everything old has been reproduced in one format or another now and has been available for about ten years. We just need younger builders to aid.

Wm.
Old 02-26-2005, 03:05 PM
ebeneezer3

Default RE: 1938 Power House by Midway Models

This is a kit. I don't buy plans on $bay. They are all theives as near as I can tell.

Ted