Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

Ed Kazmirski's Taurus

Old 03-31-2005, 04:17 PM
BingoFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ed Kazmirski's Taurus

I was wondering if anyone on this forum is flying a Taurus? I'm thinking of building one from the original TopFlite plans of the one I built in the '60s but would be interested in a kit if available.

I understand that there is a senior pattern association for these older planes and modelers. Would a modern engine be allowed or must it be vintage?
Old 03-31-2005, 04:38 PM
My Feedback: (17)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Ed Kazmirski's Taurus

ORIGINAL: BingoFlyer

I understand that there is a senior pattern association for these older planes and modelers. Would a modern engine be allowed or must it be vintage?
The SPA http://www.seniorpattern.com/ has a pre 1965 class, but because most of the members fly in the 1965 through 1975 group you will well most likely not find any SPA events for the pre 1965 group. There usually isn’t enough time during a contest to fly both groups.

Info from SPA website on the pre 65 class:

4. Antique Class
a. Side exhaust two cycle, non-Schnuerle ported engine up to .61 cubic inches is legal
b. Four cycle engines up to .71 cubic inches with no air chamber or super charging or any kind are legal
c. Airplanes must have been designed prior to January 1, 1965 All other SPA rules apply.
Old 03-31-2005, 06:20 PM
staggerwing
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look the the link below Taurus Pictures....
You will see that JJPETRO makes kits and has one short kit left.

Joe Grasso of Vintage Kits also makes a great Taurus kit.

Rich

----------------------------------

Wyoming Wind Festival Jan 1 to Dec 31
Old 04-01-2005, 07:10 AM
Mike Denest
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Vintage R/C Society also supports the Taurus in fun competition. The airplane would be flown in the Class III or Brooke class. The maneuver descriptions can be found on the website.