Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC
Reload this Page >

“Classic Pattern" forum

Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

“Classic Pattern" forum

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 05:42 PM
My Feedback: (17)

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default “Classic Pattern" forum

We are trying to get a new “Classic Pattern" forum established on the RCU and have a poll set up in the pattern forum at http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3022149/tm.htm If you are interested in the pre 1995 pattern aircraft we could really use your "yes"vote. We think it would be nice to have one place on the RCU for the discussion of pre 1995 pattern aircraft, building, flying, exchange of ideas, SPA flying, reminiscing and preservation of these beautiful airships.
Old 05-31-2005, 07:45 PM
Hueydriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: “Classic Pattern" forum

Without a doubt, a very valuable forum for folks. I've admired the SPA group down south and envy their numbers. A similar move has been made more than a few times by free flight folks (glider, rubber etc.) as going back to one's roots levels the playing field. Plus, it's just a bunch more fun for the buck.

I threw a jpg of my Sun Fli on my club's website and got some nostalgic comments. The aircraft are generally easy to fly, lo-tech and graceful vice violent. It makes Sunday flying satisfying.
Old 05-31-2005, 08:22 PM

ORIGINAL: Hueydriver

Without a doubt, a very valuable forum for folks. I've admired the SPA group down south and envy their numbers. A similar move has been made more than a few times by free flight folks (glider, rubber etc.) as going back to one's roots levels the playing field. Plus, it's just a bunch more fun for the buck.

I threw a jpg of my Sun Fli on my club's website and got some nostalgic comments. The aircraft are generally easy to fly, lo-tech and graceful vice violent. It makes Sunday flying satisfying.
Thanks for your support Hueydriver!
Old 06-01-2005, 12:40 AM
kdheath

You got a yes vote from me. I have a repro Taurus kit that is asking, often, to be built.
Kelvin
Old 06-03-2005, 10:48 AM
Trisquire

Great idea.
Old 06-03-2005, 04:57 PM
roncoleman
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You got my yes vote!
Old 06-03-2005, 05:49 PM

Hi everyone!

I received a note from the RCU admin that he will be setting up our “Classic Pattern” forum soon. If there is good activity and interest for the next few months they will keep it. When it gets setup please stop by and make a comment or two!

Thanks for your vote!
Old 06-05-2005, 01:28 PM

Hi Everyone!

The new “Classic Pattern” RCU forum is on-line as a sub forum under the Pattern forum. The direct link is http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_379/tt.htm It would really help get the forum going if you all could stop by and post a image of your “Classic” or get some discussion going.

Thanks for everyone’s support to get this on-line.