Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC
Reload this Page >

TF Cub - red box - Can anyone help?

Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

TF Cub - red box - Can anyone help?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 10:38 AM
DamonTX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TF Cub - red box - Can anyone help?

When I was a little kid, I always wanted to build one of the TF Cubs (red box) that I saw hanging in the local hobby shop. 25 years and countless airplanes later I'm still looking around for one. I've checked everywhere I can think of but to no avail. It's probably a long shot but can any of my RCU bretheren help me out?

Damon
Old 06-10-2005, 03:28 PM
kdheath

Default RE: TF Cub - red box - Can anyone help?

Haven't seen one of the kits in eons, but TF will sell you the plans (a bit pricey) and the manual is on the same web page as a pdf file. Scroll way down to the DC'd red box kits for the Cub.

http://www.top-flite.com/manuals/
Old 06-10-2005, 04:58 PM
DamonTX

That'll work. The manual looks detailed enough, I just hope the plans can provide enough outlines of the formers and ribs....Thanks
Old 06-10-2005, 09:32 PM
susquach
My Feedback: (1)

Just finishing a TF cub. Had one years and a few other Cubs ago and think it flew just right for my tastes. Had to scratch it as kits are few and far between.

A word of warning...while most parts can be cut based on the original plans, you'll have to loft all the rear formers. Formers are shown on the plan, but for some reason dimensionally incorrect. Not a BIG deal...just check to see that all items ilustrated on the plan are shown correct size. Good luck with the Cub!
Old 06-11-2005, 10:31 AM
buzzard bait

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The kits show up periodically on e bay and do not go for very high prices. If you aren't in a hurry, just check regularly and you'll find one. I've been tempted in the past myself because they are lighter than the CG or GP versions. Now that Sig has a light weight laser cut 1/5 scale I'm less interested in the TF, but I understand nostalgia, so good luck with your hunt. Jim