Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC
Reload this Page >

Futaba FG transmitters

Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

Futaba FG transmitters

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2005, 11:52 AM
jlingrel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba FG transmitters

I am looking for a Futaba FP-TF-FM module for the old FG series transmitters (channel number is not important, but would prefer something around channel 50). Got a nearly new 4 channel FG transmitter with the AM module in it from ebay teh other day. Want to use the transmitter for a 1/4 midget racer. Any help would be appreciated. You can email me at [email protected]
Old 06-24-2005, 12:44 PM
kdheath

Default RE: Futaba FG transmitters

I suppose one might turn up on eBay at some point, but give Radio South a buzz-they do conversion/gold-stickering work on Futaba radios.

http://www.radiosouthrc.com/
Old 06-24-2005, 12:52 PM
jlingrel

Talked to Tony already, no joy and I have never seen the module on eBay to date. Will just have to keep looking

John
Old 06-25-2005, 03:16 PM
kdheath

Shoot. So much for my good ideas...I don't think I remember ever seeing just the module for sale and I owned several FGs.

Another possibility is picking up a complete transmitter on eBay to use or pirate the module. They go pretty reasonable. Somewhere there is one hanging on a dusty hobby shop rack.
Old 06-25-2005, 05:14 PM
scalebldr
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just use it am with a futaba 114 or 117 reciever or rcd platinum those recievers are narrow band and legal to use.if you have no gold sticker on the module send to radio south for gold sticker.I just had a kraft series 73 7z transmitter gold stickered by kraft midwest as well as a series 78 with fm module.have kraft narrow band recievers on am and fm matched to the transmitters and batteries replaced so will keep flying them for many more years.
Old 06-25-2005, 06:34 PM
jlingrel

I actually found one on eBay for sale. I bid on it and we will see what happens. Prefer FM if I can. And I got the transmitter on eBay.

John