Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

Swoose on Floats

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2005, 06:50 PM
mahoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swoose on Floats

I found some other threads on the Swoose and I would like to built it with thge capabilty to change to floats. See photo

The plans for the Swoose on floats is a little smaller than the short kit from Klaichkits.com. I'm thinking that I can get the short kit and enlarge the floats from the model airplane news plans.

What do you guys think. From what I read in the other posts the M.A.N. kit was a little squirley and required nose weight. Might be a good time to extend the nose for balance and make the floats removable and fly off grass too.

Mitch
Attached Images  
Old 08-14-2005, 10:01 AM
Frank M Klenk

Default RE: Swoose on Floats

Mitch
The Swoose is the neatest looking plane [sm=thumbup.gif]. One day I will build one too. When you settle on plans etc you should do a build thread, I'm sure all of us will be watching your every move. Keep us in the loop.

Frank
Old 08-14-2005, 12:59 PM
mahoo

Default RE: Swoose on Floats

Thanks for the encouragement Frank. I started out wanting to build a 96" spook, but this project seams a little more interesting (challenging). Plus next week I will have access to a lake for flying.

I need to find out how similar the kalachi kits plans are to the M.A.N. plans. I wonder if they are the same and just scaled? Does anybody know if this is true? Can anybody scan a copy of the MAN plans or the Kalachi kit plans for comparison.

I would prefer to purchase the short kit than build from scratch if possible.

Drove by the local airport today and they had a float plane pushed out of the hanger. The float plane had wheels attached to the bottom of the floats at the step and it had steerable nose wheels. This might be an option to removable floats.

Mitch