Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC
Reload this Page >

BudBarkley"s Vintage models TIGER MOTH DH 82 airplane kit

Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

BudBarkley"s Vintage models TIGER MOTH DH 82 airplane kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 12:58 AM
flyfisher431

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BudBarkley"s Vintage models TIGER MOTH DH 82 airplane kit

I just purchased this kit on E-bay. Kit made in Canada...Features: Length overall,Including spinner 73!QUOT!, Wing span 88!QUOT!, Wing chord 13-1/8!QUOT!, Airfoil Modified Clark !QUOT!Y!QUOT!, Weight 20-22 lbs., Engine recommended: Quadra..,Tailplane Airfoil Symmetrical,Radio required -4channel, Engine,Rudder,Elevator, Aileron...

I can't find any information about it on the Internet. Does anyone know anything about it. I am looking forward to the project but am amazed that there is nothing about this model or the company, at least anything I can find, on the Internet.

Anything you can share would be great.

Old 02-26-2006, 12:44 PM
flyfisher431

Default RE: BudBarkley"s Vintage models TIGER MOTH DH 82 airplane kit

I figured I'd pop this back to the top again. I now own 2 of the kits so somebody must know more than the two guys that sold them.
Old 02-27-2006, 05:08 PM
Jim Messer
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So far as I know, this was the only kit that Bud Barkley produced, about 1980. It makes into a real nice scale airplane, one of the best. Bud went out of business shortly after, so you will find nothing, since that was about 25 years ago.
Old 02-27-2006, 06:33 PM
flyfisher431

Guess Bud was a one hit wonder. Cheers
Old 02-27-2006, 10:04 PM
Lake Flyer
My Feedback: (13)

I believe the kit is now produced by Clark Industries here in Canada. I am pretty sure they have a website. A friend has been flying the Barkley Tiger Moth for over 20 years! It's a winner for sure.
Old 03-08-2006, 04:55 PM
Doc 215

Actually I re-started flying in 78 and my first plane was a Bud Barkley Cessna 150 look alike with a 60" span. I think this preceeded the moth. Bud was from the Smith Falls area just outside of Ottawa where I presently live. Never had the chance to meet him, but we flew at the same field ... him on the weekdays, me on the wkends..... too bad, would have really liked to have met him.
The 150 look somewhat alike at about 50 yards, was a great trainer. It started off as a high winger, then due to re-kitting etc evolved to a low wing intermed flyer.... great flyer!.
Doc
Old 09-08-2006, 01:43 PM
tigermo

I have the same kit. Barkey, I believe sold out to Clarke Industries, who now make the kit in a more updated version. I have yet to fly my model and did make modifications to aileron control (added servo into each wing and did away with torque rods). I unfortunately have misplaced my instruction manuel which came with it and as a result, I am not sure of exact location of CofG, nor can I find it on the plans. If you wish to contact me regarding specifics, I can be reached at [email protected]

tigermo, Ottawa
Old 09-08-2006, 03:16 PM
Jim_McIntyre

Here's mine, I heading out in a couple hours to fly her at the Kitchener Scale ralley.

Feel free to email questions.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19619.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	521074