Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

will a skylane do?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 08:25 PM
mosquitowings
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default will a skylane do?

Hi guys, I have a two part question......
1. does the Goldberg skylane design fit into the VR/CS cutoff date?
2. If so, can it be built to different sizes than original and still be acceptable?
From what I read in the May issue of MA it sounds like the VR/CS is fairly relaxed about fine details, but I find that BEFORE you start a project is when you should check all the details.
I had a skylane 62 back in ......'74? and loved it to death, literally! Well I found the plans to it a while back and have been toying with the idea of an IMAA legal size one, say 85-90 inches.......a skylane 96 maybe?
If this would fit into the venue, it might just be the nudge I need to start making sawdust
What'cha think?
Jim
Old 04-18-2006, 08:42 PM
Mike Denest
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: will a skylane do?

To answer your first question, yes it meets the 1/1/70 cutoff. You can scale it up or down as you like. Take a look at the VR/CS website at http://www.vintagercsociety.org for the complete guidelines. The bottom line is build it, bring it, fly it and have fun.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:37 PM
Mooney_driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: will a skylane do?

Hello Jim and other RCU readers.

I wonder if you still have the Skylane 62 plans? I started a Goldberg Skylane 62 back in 1970 and am wanting to finish it but have long since lost the plans in many moves. I wonder if you or anyone else reading this might have a set of Carl Goldberg Skylane 62 plans they would be willing to part with?

Thank you.

Jim