Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC
Reload this Page >

Scratch a Plane Pitts plans

Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

Scratch a Plane Pitts plans

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 01:03 PM
WacoCabinaero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scratch a Plane Pitts plans

Has anyone got experience with the "Sratch a Plane Pitts" plans built model? I have the plans and as it is very scale I was thinking of building one. Readily avaiable 1/3 Pitts parts will fit. The design is from around 1980. Very rare. I have no idea of what ever became of the plans line.

Thanks kindly, Bill
Old 07-21-2006, 12:57 PM
deckerv
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Scratch a Plane Pitts plans

My dad built one for me years back. It flew ok. Nothing like the GP Christen Eagle I have now. My dad built it as per the plans, and the wings were fluttering like crazy. On the test flight, the wings just started twisting like mad. Had just enough time to idle the engine, and point the nose up to bleed off any speed. Stopped fluttering and landed that beast. We ended up fully sheeting the wings and recovering, as well as using totally functional flying wires.

After all of those mods, it was too heavy to really fly well. He did build it without any type of lightening though. Built 100% as per plans, with some liteply formers, etc...

Test flew it on a Zenoah G-38 when Indy RC first started selling them, and after two very underpowered flights, moved a G-62 into it from B&B. It had pleanty of power then, but still flew very 'heavy'.