Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

ACE Extra 230

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 05:29 PM
jowily
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ACE Extra 230

Hey all can any one tell me about the old ACE extra 230 96" ws kit? I am about to purchase on

only because I am looking to get in to the 33% size gas. I enjoy building and found this kit for sale please let me know if anyone has any info on this plane or kit.

thanks
JOhn
Old 08-02-2006, 05:56 PM
rainedave
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: ACE Extra 230

I can't really help too much. I just looked it up in an old Ace catalog. 96"; 1300 sq in; 17 1/2lbs+; 2.6ci and up; Ace's retail price was $189.95 if that helps you establish a fair value for it.
Old 08-10-2006, 02:29 PM
deckerv
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ACE Extra 230

I had the 87" version back in the day. It flew great....although it's not the bigger one like you're talking about.

I had a B&B G-62 in mine.. and it pulled it straight up out of sight. It also pulled the tail feathers clean off of the plane once @ an airshow. The glue joints held, the balsa center section of the stab actually split down the middle. When it was all said and done... My dad and I rebuilt the fuse, strengthened the tail braces, and put a new wing kit on it. Still flew wonderfully.

It finally met it's demise about 10 years ago.. broken aileron clevis fluttered it's way down from a knife edge pass at head level.