Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC
Reload this Page >

1/2A 'Bonzo" construction article

Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

1/2A 'Bonzo" construction article

Old 09-01-2006, 11:40 PM
injunnut1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/2A 'Bonzo" construction article

quote:

ORIGINAL: injunnut1

Hello iflyj3,
Got the scans early this morning, what a pleasant surprise to start out the day ..... THANKS MUCH! Now for Owen's RCM Aug. 67 'Bonzo' article <grin>, there's never enough!!! Seriously though, I do NOT want to have you give me an inch and then take a mile sort of syndrome. I would be happy to $$pay$$ for your time or send you something IF you could muster up this one more construction article for me, also would like the cover photo which is supposed to show the real 'Bonzo' along with Owen Kampen's model 'Bonzo'. Sincerely, Donald Garry

Donald,

OK, one more time.

What you can do for me is; Since you are interested in pre 1970 stuff, if you are not a member of the VRCS is join up. The web site is http://www.vintagercsociety.org/ and the YAHOO group is at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vrcs/ If you are already a member, make a donation to the organization or get more to join in.

With that said, I have said magazine and will scan the article and cover ASAP. I may be gone till Tuesday if the weather is good, otherwise I'll do it in the next couple of days.

I still have your email addy.

Dan Thompson (Long live the ACE MicroPro 8000)
Central Kentucky, Home of the 2010 World Equestrian Games.
__________________________________________________ _____________________________

Ops, after seeing this Cover Photo, I am almost positive that I have this issue floating around the house here somewhere. Cool stuff though and once again, THANKS MUCH to 'iflyj3' for sending me the scans! What a trip for me back in time .... I remember drooling over both the 1/2 Pylon Racing Midwest kits sitting on the Hobby Shop's shelf behind the front case display. I simply could not fit the kit and required radio into my budget at that time. Of course in later years I got fairly heavy into 1/2A Pylon racing but with the later and much faster designs, never even gave the old Midwest kits a thought until just recently. I hope to finally build one of these Owen Kampen models again just for old time sake! Thanks again Dan Thompson for all your efforts in bringing back the good times to me! Does anyone know what issue of which there was a special article hyping the then new 'RCM / Midwest 1/2 Racing' event, including the exact Event Rules, etc.? I had expected to see this article incorporated into one of these Owen Kampen construction articles, but I guess not?

See my other post on 1/2A Gee Bee Racer, it's a Ukie tho.
Sincerely, Donald Garry
Old 09-02-2006, 04:18 AM
iflyj3
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 1/2A 'Bonzo" construction article

Glad to be able to help. FYI, I have RCM from the very first issue to 1971 and ironically also the last issue too. From 71 to present I quit saving them for lack of room. I don't mind limited scanning so if anyone needs an article please ask.