Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

Second Plane

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 01:01 PM
Deum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Second Plane

I´m for the search of a second plane, as I have already mastered my high wing trainer, and someone offered me an Astro Hog for a 46. engine. I´ve seen some photos and do not think it´s a proper plane for passing into a low wing. Any comment on the topic will be helpfull.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:14 AM
dicknadine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Second Plane

there is No way to compare !st and 2nd planes. don't pass up the Astro Hog. its a super plane to fly, plus they are pretty durable. had many of pleasurable flights with mine, years ago. dick
Old 10-10-2006, 08:07 AM
GWILLIE

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Second Plane

The Astro Hog is from the reed radio era when planes had to be MUCH more stable than they are now. If it has the original dihedral and isn't overweight or tail heavy, you probably couldn't find a much better intro to low wingers.