Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC
Reload this Page >

Help me identify this bird??????

Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

Help me identify this bird??????

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 01:16 AM
power67

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me identify this bird??????

I just got this in a trade and can not find anything on it that might indicate what it is. The engine is an OS 60 Max-h, so that puts her in the seventies somewhere.

If you know anything about it, let me know as I want to get her up and running.
The guy I got it from said that it was made by the same modeler that made the helis for the movie cliff hanger.
thanks in advance for your help
Old 11-04-2006, 01:34 AM
MajorTomski

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Help me identify this bird??????

Looks like an Andrews aeromaster with 4 ailerons. First ones came out with the inline engine cowl the GP version had a radial

Great flyer too!
Old 11-04-2006, 01:50 AM
power67

it only has ailerons on the bottom wing. I jsut measered the wingspan at 48" even.
Old 11-04-2006, 07:17 AM
dmcmike
My Feedback: (14)

Definately an Aeromaster... and a nice one judging from the pics! Congratulations! You've scored yourself the best flying 60 sized bipe ever built. No bad habits, tumbles great. Don't try to 3d it, it just won't do it, at least not with my old thumbs. Looks to be a big modified, with bolt-on wings, tail has been changed a bit, dural LG. Balance point should be about the middle of the top wing. Have fun!

mcmike
Old 11-04-2006, 12:32 PM
build light

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sure is pretty! Gotta love a bipe especially as nice as this one.

Robert
Old 11-04-2006, 01:48 PM
Michaelj2k

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice trade, you will love it! Aeromasters don't do 3D, it was designed for those airshow style aerobatics. Aeromasters came on the scene in 1965. Ernie Huber put the Aeromaster on the aeromodeling map with his demo's.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp44062.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	554202  
Old 11-04-2006, 03:56 PM
MajorTomski

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: power67

it only has ailerons on the bottom wing. I jsut measered the wingspan at 48" even.
Sorry the bifocals slipped, I thought I saw 4 for some reason,
Old 11-04-2006, 05:59 PM
APIA

This is an old post that I dug up, This is the CG scenario for the different wing configurations of this airplane. NICE find, These airplanes are getting hard to find. I currently have mine in the covering stages with coverite and a yellow and black paint scheme. Nice wheel pants. Mine also has a OS max h 60. I plan to swap it out for a K&B .65 NIB that I have laying around. Good luck and enjoy...

I just picked up a full set of plans for this airplane. What is the top wingspan and the bottom wingspan? There are three different configurations for this airplane.

Configuration 1, 48" Top Swept, 48" Bottom Straight - 7/8" forward of the rear cabane.
Configuration 2, 52 1/2" Top Swept, 48" Bottom Straight- 3/4" forward of the rear cabane.
Configuration 3, 52 1/2" Top Swept, 52 1/" Bottom Swept- 3/8" forward of the rear cabane.

Mine is a totally different Configuration, Both top and bottom wings are 48" Swept, I guess I will guess a little and it should be fine. Hope this helps...
-Tom

< Message edited by APIA -- 7/18/2006 5:33:08 PM >
Old 11-05-2006, 03:05 PM
power67

thanks for all the replies.
the wing configuration is the first one. Configuration 1, 48" Top Swept, 48" Bottom Straight - 7/8" forward of the rear cabane.

as far as I can tell this has never been flown. The servo trays and linkages are in place with no evidence of servos ever bieng put in. The engine looks a little rough so I am going to swap it out.........that is the big question, all the 60 choices, I was thinking of just going with an os 61 fx but man, with all the new ringed motors around I sure would love to get into a good one.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:46 AM
skypupmut

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love mine with a Magnum 91 4 stroke
no ugly muffler great performance
great flying bird, best of the bipes.