Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

Jr Falcon kit/plan

Old 02-05-2003, 03:17 PM
airasj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jr Falcon kit/plan

HI all,

I am looking for a Jr Falcon kit or plan.

Regards
Old 02-05-2003, 03:40 PM
BobHH
My Feedback: (18)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Its Coming Soon

Here is picture of the first prototype Jr. Falcon I am in the process of offering as a laser cut kit. All quality Sig balsa. As soon as I am finished with acquiring packaging and finalizing plans it will be available. Slight modifications to be offered as 1 to 4 channels. Hopefully available March 1st if all goes well. Target price is $60.00USA. Let me know if you are interested.

Bob Harris
Early RC Models
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	52864_2169.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	6.9 KB
ID:	32936  
Old 02-05-2003, 09:44 PM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

AND WITH THE ORIGINAL TAIL TOO....

Niiiiiice. I'll have to think about this. $60 sounds fair until I factor in the darn Canadian exchange rate then it's almost double with the shipping and taxes at the border....
Old 02-06-2003, 02:23 AM
AR196

Hey, Bruce.

Would you like a complimentary scan of the original kit plan?

I can send that off to your e,ail. Then you could scale it any size you want and build it for a lot less.

I get hit with the exchange rate and border crossing bit too, so I understand your situation.
Old 02-06-2003, 02:23 AM
AR196

Hey, Bruce.

Would you like a complimentary scan of the original kit plan?

I can send that off to your email. Then you could scale it any size you want and build it for a lot less.

I get hit with the exchange rate and border crossing bit too, so I understand your situation.
Old 02-06-2003, 06:50 PM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I truly appreciate your offer AR but thanks anyway. I've still got my original kit plans from my teens.

I may just have to set the "wayback machine" one of these days and give it another go. We'll see how my current rudder only nostalgia project goes....
Old 03-04-2003, 03:15 AM
Keefer
My Feedback: (2)

Default Re: Its Coming Soon

Originally posted by BobHH
As soon as I am finished with acquiring packaging and finalizing plans it will be available. Slight modifications to be offered as 1 to 4 channels. Hopefully available March 1st if all goes well. Target price is $60.00USA. Let me know if you are interested.
Is it soup yet? I'd be interested!!
Old 03-04-2003, 02:51 PM
BobHH

Default Still Working On Them

Sorry for the delay guys. The boxes are still 2 to 3 weeks out per my conversation with the manufacturer today. Still finalizing the assembly manual/sheets with some pictures hopefully a little more friendly than the original plans. Should have the Jr. Skylark ready soon also. If you remember both use same wing and horizontal tail. On a good Note: I ordered the tooling for the Sr. Falcon leading and trailing edge with the tooling to slot them also. Plans are completed and ready for prototype. Slight modification with 1/4 inch wider front to accommodate the standard bolt on motor mounts for 45 to 60 size engines. Still researching the 1 piece fuselage sides but it appears they will be 2 piece like the 56. Please bear with us we are still in the learning curve and getting smarter everyday!!! Thanks for all the responses. All are filed and as soon as they come available we will contact.

Bob Harris
Early RC Models
Old 03-22-2003, 04:54 AM
ramcfarland
My Feedback: (44)

The Goldberg Jr Falcon certainly brins back the memories sure which I had pictures of it cocered mine in red silk with black Aerogloss trim per the box illustration controlled with a Controlair Tx.& Rx. W/a Bonner SN excapement when my friend Jim Dalton flew it on July 4,1967 it flew great he just kept it up wind a small dot in the sky till the Cox "goldenbee ran out of fuel then only having rudder only control made a perfect landing. Next day I took the Falcon out and tried to solo it...Well finally in 1969 built a beautiful(to me)1/2 A Goldberg Skylane with "pulse rudder only and soloed. Incidently I have the Goldberg 1/2A Sklane kit and supose I could provide a copy of the plans and tracings of the paterns . Last one I built with an O.S.10 and 3 channels still has a place of honor in my shop!
Fast Richard
Old 03-27-2003, 04:01 PM
Glo4U
My Feedback: (16)

Default Jr Falcon and Skylane

Bob
Please e-mail me when these kits are available. I plan to power them electrically.

Gloria
[email protected]
Old 03-28-2003, 12:19 AM
BobHH

Default Thanks for Your Patients

We are still processing items for the kits. It has been a big learning curve. My boxes finally came in. Still waiting on the laser work and finishing up on the plans. I have been delayed by a lot of travel out of town for my day job!!. I have everyone's address filed and will notify when we are ready to ship.

Thanks again Guys and Gals!

Bob Harris
Old 03-29-2003, 07:57 PM
ElectRick
My Feedback: (2)

Default Add me too

PLease add me to the notification list. I have an original Jr. Falcon kit NIB, but I'd rather hang on to that one and build a "new" kit of it. And the Jr. Skylark, too. Both will be electric, of course.

Rick
[email protected]
Old 03-31-2003, 02:36 PM
WINANS

Default Me Too!

Add my name and address to the list for any size Skylark and the Jr. Falcon.

[email protected]

Thanks, Scott
Old 04-13-2003, 06:14 PM
paulj1969

i joined RC universe about 4months ago and never thought about looking in the Vintage part of, today i look and find that not only are people talking about the best little ship i have ever flown but that someone is kitting it..........i just cannot believe it! to say i'm over joyed is an understatement!
i bought a second hand Jr Falcon in the mid 80's for 15 complete with spring start McCoy 049, it flew beautifully, i then changed the motor to a Cox TD049, then a 1cc diesel and finally an OS10, all powering it well, the OS10 was great as i could do low passes, throttle up and go round but the tank never lasted long enough.
i finally had a bad prang with it and left in the shed for one of my younger brothers to break!
i never thought i'd get nostalgic about an old flame but this one is different.

i don't know how i'm going to afford the $60 plus shipping but i'm going to have one!
i'll be intouch soon

WELLDONE! and thanks a million
Old 05-07-2003, 02:40 AM
bIGBIRD2002

The Falcon 56 was my second plane in 65. It did about 20 seconds of flight and went in! I have had many since and really think that it was a grand plane. I have loved the falcon sr. but never had the opportunity to own one.
I was in Japan when I first started flying and my friend Gordon Milliard had a falcon jr. with a 'Bang Bang' radio. (push button)We tore it up test gliding it. Anyone know of a Gordon Milliard? I wonder if he is still in the hobby. He is half Japanese.
I still have my first radio. It is an OS MAX Minitron six channel reed. Boy! I often wonder how we ever got as many flights as we did with those 27mhz radios. It is really scarry!
Please put me on your list for the two small kits and a Sr. Bob Bray 802-229-1835 [email protected]
It's guys like you that make this hobby worth it. Thanx. bird.
Old 05-07-2003, 09:32 AM
BobHH

Default Will Do Bob

The first run of 15 kits are sitting in the shop waiting for the trailing edge stock which was back-ordered from supplier. Hopefully here in the next week. I think all these are spoken for but a new run is getting ready to be ordered. Sorry for the delays;(I had originally wanted them available the 1st part of March) but this kit is a bit more involved with the special balsa sizing used on the original. We now have that sorted out I hope!!! The next run should go smoother. Thanks again guys for being so patient.

Bob Harris
Early RC Models
Old 05-07-2003, 01:37 PM
John Cole
My Feedback: (4)

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Hi Bob,

I`d like one of your Jr. Falcon kits when they become available. THANKS!

John

[email protected]
Old 05-09-2003, 07:43 PM
stuntflyer
My Feedback: (5)

Bob,

Could you please e mail me when the 2nd batch of
jr Falcons is ready to ship
Thanks
KIM FOSTER

[email protected]
Old 05-09-2003, 09:29 PM
TTARK

Default Sr Falcon??

Put my name on the list for the Sr. Falcon when it comes as well as the Jr. Falcon. I learned to fly under the tutledge of Joe Bridi in 1969 on a Sr. falcon

Terry
Old 05-09-2003, 11:57 PM
Skip
My Feedback: (76)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Falcon

If you ever sell the Sr. Falcon kit, add me to your list, Skip [email protected] Thanks
Old 05-20-2003, 03:06 AM
toy264

Me too! My first plane in '63 was a Jr. Falcon- FM single push-button Tx with an SN escapement ($4.95- couldnt afford a Bonner at $8.50) and a tube & relay receiver. Bill Knost of the Glue Daubers showed me the ropes.
Give me a shout when the next batch is done!
John Fitzpatrick
[email protected]
Old 05-30-2003, 08:51 PM
rcflyerfl
My Feedback: (1)

Default Falcon Jr, Falcon 56,& Sr. Falcons

HI Guys,
I bet there is a lot out there that soloed in the Falcons. Not sure which one it was but would guess it was one of the many Falcon Jr. I built.

I went to visit an old modeler friend today and came home with a Falcon 56 Mark II, plus some other goodies.
There is going to have to be a Carl Goldberg fly-in some day.
Happy Flying
Jim
Old 06-02-2003, 09:11 PM
kdheath

Got my Jr Falcon today and it is very, very nice. Good wood, nice CAD plans, illustrated instructions, carefully boxed. Bob is to be commended very highly for his hard work on this project. A tip of the hat, Bob. Thanks!
Old 06-07-2003, 02:36 AM
dtrocket

Default Sr. Falcon

Hay Bob

I would like to order a Sr. Falcon. What is the price ?

David Green
Old 06-07-2003, 10:23 AM
BobHH

Default Not Ready Yet

David, We are still working on the Sr. Falcon. There are a few more bugs to work out. I will let you know when it is ready.

Thanks,

Bob Harris
Early RC Models

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.