Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

1980 Kadet

Old 02-07-2003, 12:50 PM
fastgrafix2
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1980 Kadet

Any body know about the mrc radio's and servos and the sig kadet? I know its old as I said I am new to Rc I got this plane from someone that owed me 125.00 so he gave it to me instead, anyway at the time i wasnt even interested. sitting there looking at it I got curious....Apon further investigation the radio servos and the freq. was diff from the MRC radio, i got even more curious, so i went to the Local Hobby shop with the plane and we chatted for almost 2-3 hrs about the pkane...he got it started, dont know when it ran last, looked it over tighted up a few thing and then i got hooked.... he mentioned that the mrc radios were illigal to use now? plus he explained servos and so on,
well when i left i bought a gal of gas and a starter. i was hooked wanted to fly this plane. i came home sat up all night changing the servos that were in the which were futaba i guess and i filanly figured it out and got the other ones in that the mrc ubit series 775 what i want to know is what he said true about the mrc units? I cant wait for the snow to leave for me to try and fly this okd baby. i will KIT and let anyone know the progress i have made flying and all learning on my own: oh yeah he said it was a 1980 sig kadet . a trainer pkane which is cool and if i wreck it hay its only 125.00 bucks...........Hooked
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	53394_27443.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	33249  
Old 02-07-2003, 02:21 PM
jetranger-RCU

Default Plane

First and most CAN you fly????? If not why take the chance and destroy the plane and radio. GET HELP from some one near you. As for the radio do not fly it the feq. the old one it's on is now used by mobil equp. cranes and a lot of other stuff on hundreds of watts some of them It will shoot you down and who knows what will happen, some one could get hurt. The radio may have value to some one who collects them. Buy a new radio $125-150 install it and find some one who flys and get help and have fun
Old 02-08-2003, 02:19 PM
Mike Denest

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sig Kadet

Ditto on the radio. Do not use it. Hitec and FMA have reasonable stuff you can install. There is an excellent seleection of entry level radios that you can purchase so stop back at the hobby shop and check out what is available. I highly recommend that you have the help of an instructor to teach you. As far as the trade is concerned, you didn't do too bad. When you total the cost of starting out fresh, the trade was well worthit despite the obsolete radio.

Have fun

Mike
Old 02-08-2003, 09:17 PM
fastgrafix2

Default i am taking everyones advice

as you said i dont need the trouble nor the damage it will cost
yes i agree that some one would buy it ( a collector)
but it is so hard to find someone like that. i know that it is old
i did go to a hobby shop to find someone that might be interested and i could buy a new one coomplete, but the shop said no, keep it and learn on it, well if it is worth something, i dont want to wreck it, i do need (an instructor, not someone to fly for me) so if there is anyone in the West end Area of Pgh that may want to hook up. please leave a mess. E-mail me at [email protected] we can chat and exchange phone numbers
think that would be cool. besides i still need to buy the starter
for the plane dont have alot of money, so ubtill then i will wait
not for long though......i totally redid the paint decals on the plane
the next pic i post will have updated pic
this is what it looked like when i got it.
chow

Name:	53718_27443.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	33250  
Old 02-09-2003, 11:07 AM
fastgrafix2

Default 1980 Kadet

i think i could do it, is there a trainer on the cpu i could get to help
Old 02-09-2003, 08:56 PM
jetranger-RCU

Default Help

Ask the LHS where the flying club is and go there and talk to the flyers
Old 02-09-2003, 09:37 PM
fastgrafix2

Default I have but....

i have and i am to meet with them (When they start) i ask him and he said dont know, When the weather gets better.
i dont blame him cause it is cold outside. snow ice up the wings........lol

Name:	53996_27443.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	11.7 KB
ID:	33251  
Old 02-12-2003, 08:33 PM
GeraldO
My Feedback: (2)

Default 1980 Kadet

Originally posted by fastgrafix2
i think i could do it, is there a trainer on the cpu i could get to help
Check out the R/C flight simulator forum on this website for more on "cpu" based trainers.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=72

There is a free downloadable simulator called FMS. A sim won't substitute for a real instructor but it certainly will help prepare you.
Old 02-13-2003, 02:45 AM
fastgrafix2

Default go it thanks

got it thanks, i realize that it will not be the same as an instructor
but i can start to understand the movements and reactions of the planes.. sorta.....lol