Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC
Reload this Page >

Sig Fleet Biplane .15-.20 size

Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

Sig Fleet Biplane .15-.20 size

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2003, 07:33 AM
dls
My Feedback: (113)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sig Fleet Biplane .15-.20 size

Thinking of buying one of these old foam wing biplanes. Always liked the way they look in the old Sig ads. Question is do they fly very well? Seems like this series of kits had a short production life. Anyone have any memories or experience with them?
Old 02-12-2003, 09:45 PM
RandahlR
My Feedback: (3)

I believe they were in the same line of kits as the Relic and Beaver. I had both of those in the early 70's and have been looking in vain for ether one. If I remember right the kits had a molded constant cord wing at 45". I see Sig kits on e-bay all the time but never any from this line. Randahl R
Old 02-15-2003, 10:44 AM
ec121k

I had a Sig Fleet. Flew the plane back in Fredericksburg, Va. about 1974 or so. I used 4 channels and a Royal Classic 6 single stick and a Super Tigre .23. It was a nice combo and it flew well for what it was. I bought it as a quick build project to get into the air fast. You should be able to build it in a weekend.

Sig made several different kits designed around that foam wing.