Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

new Roy Clough Model

Old 03-21-2007, 10:30 PM
dicknadine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new Roy Clough Model

here's my latest Roy Clough model, 23" Yankee Flea. so far its 6.5 oz with electric motor, one servo for rudder. covering is light weight tissue paper with 2 light coats of clear dope. still looking for more of Roy's designs to build, have exhausted AMA Libarary plans. could use help in locateing more of Roy's designs. there is no elevator control, may have difficulty bringing it bsck down, under control- that is. the Peter O' Dectal is structurally complete and ready to cover it. local sign painter has offered to airbrush it in bird feathers. will keep Yaaalll posted. Dick
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ax73088.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	647052   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez83990.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	647053  
Old 03-22-2007, 08:08 AM
Walt Thyng
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: new Roy Clough Model

Dick, did you try contacting the Laconia , NH R/c club (can't think of their formal name. Look it up on the AMA site)? Roy was a member there. Maybe some of them have plans. Also, it seems to me like he published some stuff in Flying Models.
Walt
Old 03-22-2007, 09:30 AM
old git

Hi Dick,

I love your Yankee Flea, would go well with a rubber motor too. Mabe you could fit one of the tiny toy car radios and use the steering servo for controlling the rudder.

More planes please!

old git - - - - - - - aka John L.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:30 PM
dicknadine

have decided to add rear wing tilt, for elevator control. so it adds another 1/2 oz of wieght. but it gives it a better chance of getting back home. spending too much time with the new toy. indoor Havoc Heli, from Wal Mart, toy dept. $29.95. 6" rotor. perfect for flying in the kitchen and keeps the thumbs in shape. dick

Name:	Mj24351.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	648099  
Old 03-24-2007, 09:45 PM
dicknadine

in fact I decided to get a 2nd Havic Heli for a spare. had difficulty in finding it, had to search 3 different Wal Mart branch's. so it must be a hot seller at least in this area. no building or flying today- was spent going to antique furniture and stuff show in Jackson, Ms.. have decided to make the Flea, a 3 channel , motor,rudder and elevator. will give me a better chance of having it fly back to me. it has one-of a-heck of lot of elevator surface -- a 2nd complete wing for stab. so far its @ 6 oz, lacking rcv'r and batttaries, then its ready to fly. still looking for more of Roy's plans. have talked Mrs Clough and she has no plans or lists of them. have agood flying to tomorrow. dick

Name:	Ay75384.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	649095   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37237.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	649096  
Old 03-24-2007, 11:26 PM
build light

I have yet to see one of these in Walmart yet. They must "flyoff the shelf" as soon as they get some.

Robert
Old 03-25-2007, 07:52 PM
old git

Hi Dick,

I like that litle chopper, it looks rather like the one I saw at the model engineering show. They were being flown in very small spaces, even within a single small trade stand.

How difficult are they to fly? It loos as if it has contra rotating main rotors, I wondered if that made it an easier model to fly.

old git - - - - - - - aka John L.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:44 AM
dicknadine

john. do you want one?? have picked up a spare and will ship it tomorrow. you will have to get a supply of AA battaries. had a super day yesterday,had church picinic and Nadine let me eat tooo much and then sat under the tree watching the children have a good time. the Flying Flea is ready to finish covering and then wait for Butch to show up and do the electrical instl. Eddy just bought a used big tractor, British Long and we will go pick it up this afternoon. have another super good day. dick
Old 03-26-2007, 09:22 PM
build light

Ok, I'll try to get this thread back into Roy Clough territory but with a twist... A twist of a rotor?

What about this for your next Clough design to buid? I am hoping I have located one you don't have yet.

Robert

Name:	Om33448.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	290.6 KB
ID:	650827  
Old 03-27-2007, 01:07 PM
Randy W.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got a 1948 issue of MAN. It has a gumband free flight autogyro designed by Roy. Email nme your address and I will send you a copy.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:40 AM
dicknadine

nothing new to report. the Blahs have arrived. the giant Peter O'Dectal now ready for final electrical instlalation and get it to the paint shop for feather airbrushing. will almost be afraid to try and fly it. dick