Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

radio check ups.

Old 04-07-2007, 05:37 PM
aerowoof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default radio check ups.

ok I am wondering what todays mindset is about radio systems being sent to repair facillities for check up and preventive maintenance?I always send in any system that had been in a crash of any type and will send one system in for checkup at the end of each flying season.always sent in any used equipment that I aquired before use and other than pilot error years ago[could not recover from a flat spin]have not had any crashes in the last 20 years,lately I see post about dropped transmitters ,rx with cut antenna systems in an unexplained crash that are working afterwards and most of the advice posted by people that seem to be experienced[some moderaters]is to go ahead and fly.something that send shivers up my spine.I can see someone getting hurt or some major damage being done by an out of control plane or even a fly away.I thought as responsible modelers that we should take no chances and owe it to fellow modelers and the public to make sure that our equipment is in top shape and not risk other people or property.When did things change?seems that those engouraging the use of questionable equipment are setting themselves up as being liable in a property damage/injury lawsuit.