Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

VK Cherokee Babe kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 12:14 AM
roknHS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VK Cherokee Babe kit

I decided to part with my Cherokee Babe kit. Might be of interest to some here as I believe it would be considered a collectors piece now. I've owned it for better than 30 years. Let me know if you have an interest or know of someone that would. Thanks[8D]
Old 04-09-2007, 05:40 PM
DRCRAIG
My Feedback: (31)

Default RE: VK Cherokee Babe kit

Greetings from Michigan,
What do you want for the kit? I built one many years ago and would like to build another.
Craig
Old 04-09-2007, 09:12 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The 'Babe' was my 2nd or 3rd plane when I started RC back in the early 70's....rebuilt some many times.....great flyer!!!!
Old 04-10-2007, 02:42 PM
roknHS

It's here in the classifieds if you want to take a look.............not cheap though......I was on Frank Tiano's web site and he had one built for sale, for like $1200. And he sold it within a short time.......so I e-mailed him to ask how he managed to find the kit and he told me he got it off e-bay after looking for almost a year.......paid $235 for it....and of course related how 30 years ago he had them for $60 bucks or whatever. Anyway, thats how I figured out how to price it. VK had the regular Cherokee and the Babe, very popular in the 70's.