Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

Navion kit?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 01:27 AM
Tailwheel Pilot
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Navion kit?

Does anyone make plans for a Navion ? I owned a full scale 1947 north american Navion many years ago and would love to have a model.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:59 AM
Joe Nagy
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Navion kit?

Hi TWP;

Greetings from Florida,

I just completed my rounds through the mazes of eBay, and remember a couple of Navion items, I went back for you, checked and found they were just 'plans' for sale, but a real good start, one at 69" ws, and the other at 67"...[the old Berkeley kit plans], check them out yourself: eBay #s: 140104000951 and 270108212572, [I hope I got'em rite for you].

Will close for now, best regards from the dangerously Bikini & Thong infested beaches of Manasota Key, Englewood, Florida,

Joe Nagy.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:49 AM
iflyj3
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Joe Nagy

Hi TWP;

Greetings from Florida,

Will close for now, best regards from the dangerously Bikini & Thong infested beaches of Manasota Key, Englewood, Florida,

Joe Nagy.
I am sure glad I don't live there as I am sure the infestations would affect my eye sight.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:23 AM
aerowoof

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe there is an r/c version at the rcm plans site look under scale seems I recall it was done in the 80's.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:14 PM
CoosBayLumber
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are a couple. But none of which are in production today. Best big flying models are the two inch scale versions.

Back four years ago, I did new plans for 68 inch w/s Navion based upon the Musciano plan and for Miller based upon the Berkeley plan. Parts for semi-kit on these are still available.

Was someone over at RCSCALEBUILDER who was doing a building session on the Miller/Berkeley design, but showing how he was installing retracting gear too.

Parts for either of these is quite a bit less than for an original Berkeley kit off of eBay.

Wm.