Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

old Morriseyu Bravo

Old 02-20-2003, 01:57 AM
naigraav8r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default old Morriseyu Bravo

I just traded some old control line kits for what is either a 3rd or 1/4 scale Bravo with a Q50 in it. I would love some feedback on this aircraft. I also need an oil ratio for the Quadra. The plane looks like it should fly like a champ. The prevous owner neglected it terribly and thought it was continually glitching until i found two stripped servos. Hence the cheap trade off. I am restoring the airplane and any tips would be of great help and interest. I would also love to know when SIG. discontinued the kit. THANKS TO ALL RESPONSES. What a great hobby we have people! .
Old 04-23-2003, 09:19 PM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Morrisey Bravo

I built one two years ago. You'll love it. I have a G 38 in mine, more than enough power. Mine is stable at slow speeds, but be careful, go too slow and it will stall with no warning. I had trouble with interference that I attributed to the metal wires in the pull-pull rudder system. So you mite want to check that out carefully. All in all, it's a great plane.
Old 04-24-2003, 07:21 PM
flicka5
My Feedback: (2)

Default Bravo to the Bravo!

You will like it as it is a smooth flier and should have plenty of power with a Quadra 50 although not a hovering design. I have used chain saw 2 stroke oil in my Quadras at 40 to 1 with good results. Get most of my oil at True Value stores. I have wondered why they quit making the kit but guess lack of demand as they like to produce hundreds of kits at a time to make it profitable. I also bought a 1/5 Bravo kit for electric but haven't finished it although it is started. The reason for my second purchase is because I was very pleased with the larger Sig Bravo. Never had a stall problem with mine and was powered with a 40cc Italian engine, smaller than the 50cc Quadra.
Have enough components to build two more Bravos which plan to do in the future. Again, you will like it!

Just thought of an interesting sidelight to the Bravo story as only one real one was ever built and was owned by Hazel Sig who I understand some years back donated it to the EAA museum. Can anyone varify that it resides in that museum? OOPS!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	73399_4974.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	35581  
Old 05-03-2003, 02:40 AM
kdheath

Default old Morriseyu Bravo

For a brief history of the Bravo/Kachina/2150 line, see:

http://www.aerofiles.com/_mi.html

Scroll down to Morrisey
Old 05-03-2003, 12:53 PM
flicka5
My Feedback: (2)

Default Bruce Tharpe Eng.

Bruce Tharpe has an interesting story on the Morrisey Bravo having worked for Morrisey before Sig Mfg. He also varified that only one real Bravo was made. Click on his web site, attached. Also, do a search for Morrisey Bravo using "google' and a lot of info on the model comes up.

PS: found that the original Bravo owned by Hazel Hester is not at the EAA museum but at the Airpower Museum in Blacksburg, Iowa
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	75525_4974.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	2.2 KB
ID:	35582