Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

Don Dewey Wayfarer

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 12:02 PM
RFJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Don Dewey Wayfarer

Do you know where I can get the full size plan

Plan from here - [link]http://www.rcmplans.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=1308[/link]

Ray
Old 01-05-2010, 01:59 PM
KrisG

Hi Daniel,

As far as I know, the plans are still avaible from RCM magazine in the USA. I still have a partially assembled kit here, but the USA is a long way to ship!

Kris
Old 01-05-2010, 02:02 PM
KrisG

oh, Ray was faster than me - and completer in his answer as well!

Kris
Old 01-05-2010, 03:41 PM
demarbeuf

thank you so much for the quick answer and the link, I'm ordering right now ,
aloha daniel
Old 11-04-2010, 09:16 AM
Blazing Wings

The wayfarer was my first RC plane ever, and that was back 1984 or so. I still have the plane, and it got a nice spot hanging from the ceiling in my shed. I remember back then it was a lot of work putting that plane together. There was no such thing like ARF kits. Maybe I find some pictures on my PC, and I can post them next time.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:43 AM
landeck
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I built the Jensen kit version in 1975 and flew with an Enya .45 in it for a number of years. I just recently pulled it out of storage and am recovering/painting it. I intend to put the original engine back in it. I really enjoyed flying it and am looking forward to it flying again.

Bruce
Old 11-15-2010, 09:23 PM
EscapeFlyer

I'm going to post something that will seem lame, and maybe receive a few chuckles, but none-the-less, here it goes.

I have flown several high wing trainers that were banded on. The rubber band method was never an issue so long as the surface beneath the banding was strong enough that it would not crush. The only problem I ever had was on an ARF- a model I did not fully construct.

With that said, does having banding on both wings create an issue? I wonder if the wing struts stay well in alignment as well as the rest.

It does look as if the Acro Star is an upgraded version of this bipe, only in that the wings are bolted in and there is no dihedral.
How close are the flying characteristics to the Acro Star? I am a fan of the simplicity of using the banding method myself, but want the performance of the Acro Star.

Thanks.

Brian
Old 11-15-2010, 11:24 PM
HighPlains

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have only flown the Acro Star, which though the same basic size as the Wayfarer weighs at least 24 -32 oz. more. Because of it's robust construction, the Acro Star loves lots of power on the nose. Even with it's heavier wing loading it was a pu$$ycat to land.

I would expect the Wayfarer to excel at low speeds, lower power, be able to turn on a dime and give change back. If you like low, slow, close in acrobatic flying, it would be a great choice.

You build the Wayfarer, I'll put another Acro Star together, and then we should get together and compare.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:46 PM
EscapeFlyer

ORIGINAL: HighPlains

You build the Wayfarer, I'll put another Acro Star together, and then we should get together and compare.
I'll probably go with the Acro Star. Problem is, I am really having a hard time choosing between it and the J-Bipe.

Maybe I'll build a J-Bipe and we could have a vintage biplane competition! [sm=pirate.gif]

Brian
Old 04-20-2014, 04:35 PM
45AIRPLANE

does anyone have a building materials list for the wayfarer
Old 04-20-2014, 05:14 PM
Hircflyer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 45AIRPLANE
does anyone have a building materials list for the wayfarer
I have a set of foam wings that were cut for the Wayfarer PM if you are interested
Old 04-29-2014, 06:18 PM
45AIRPLANE

Here's my e-mail [email protected]