Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

Different wheels

Old 03-31-2003, 05:42 AM
big max 1935
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Different wheels

Picked up a set of 3" wheels a while back. They have a valve on side, that don`t seem to work but the strange part is the tires say VECO on the sides & the stamped aluminum hubs say HECO on them. Any ideas? >>>>>>>big max 1935>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Old 03-31-2003, 05:52 AM
William Robison
My Feedback: (3)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Different wheels

Max:

Henry Engineering Company (Might have been Holland eng - Bob Holland was part of it) was HECO, then Herkimer (OK engines) fussed at them, made them change the name, they chose "Veco" to replace it.

So you got a set of wheels that was made right around the time of the name change, they still had the old hubs, but the new tires were there.

It's also possible that an owner had worn out the original tires and replaced them. People used to do such things, you know.

Hello Max, haven't bugged you for a while.

Bill.
Old 03-31-2003, 03:52 PM
big max 1935
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Different wheels

Thanks old fellow , was looking in my new Anderson engine book & there it was. Henry Eng. Co. started 1950 by Gil Henry as Veco, K&B made early engines. HECO started in 1953 with Mel Anderson in charge ,no more K&B made engines.Veco brand engines & accessories. Went belly up in 1967 & sold to K&B,guess they went full circle. Had a old buddy bring over a Torpedo 40 model 8011. series 71F . now thats a old one! Getting close to time for me to build something or at least finish some. Nice to hear from you & thanks. MAX