Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC
Reload this Page >

vintage r/c balsa plane need plans

Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

vintage r/c balsa plane need plans

Old 03-31-2003, 10:04 PM
LHcowboy88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vintage r/c balsa plane need plans

I recently bought a vintage Sig brand semi-scale De havilland Beaver with the molded foam wing kit# RC-19 manufactured aprox. 1970's off of eBay but it did not come with the building plans I was wondering if anyone could help me locate some plans. If possible please e-mail me at [email protected] if anyone could help Thanks Steve
Old 03-31-2003, 10:36 PM
Mike Denest
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you tried contacting Sig. Mfg.?
Old 04-01-2003, 07:05 AM
LHcowboy88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes I have tried to contact Sig Mfg. but they say they do not keep archives of the plans.
Old 04-02-2003, 09:55 AM
Joe Nagy
My Feedback: (3)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Svensen Wayfarer Bipe

Hi Steve;

Greetings to you from the very warm 'Valley of the Sun'.

Re Subject Wayfarer Bipe: Stay here in the Vintage forum, go back about 5 pages & check out the replies, [including mine], dated back on Dec 30th past; on a title "Sig Acro Star Bipe". This area will answer all of your questions regarding the Wayfarer/Acro Star Bipes. [I have a Svensen Wayfarer kit also].

I hope this has been of help to you, best regards from sunny and very warm Phoenix,

Joe Nagy. email: [email protected]
Old 04-03-2003, 02:13 AM
CoosBayLumber
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Beaver

Is this the version in which the fuselage is made up mostly from 1/16" sheet balsa with 1/8" by 1/16" stringers all over, and has a span of 48"? I have a plan of that version, which is about their earliest. There seems to have been several modifications of the basic kit.

Wm.
Old 04-03-2003, 06:18 AM
big max 1935
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SIG had a whole series of planes this size all designed around a foam wing . I remember a Fleet bipe, Stitts Flutterbug & what else I don`t remember. They flew like *&^%$ , they went off market as fast as they came on . Still have most of a Flutterbug kit in the box some where in my "JUNK" room.>>>>>>big max 1935>>>>>