Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

Fuel Cutoff

Old 04-07-2003, 09:33 AM
sandersga

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Cutoff

Does anyone know of a source for a small fuel cutoff that may be activated by a servo. I know they were made some years ago for CL racing or some such.

I want them for engine shut down as I want to use some of my non-RC small diesels for nostalgia RC assist.

Any ideas?

Jerry
Old 04-07-2003, 03:57 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Fuel Cutoff

Dubro #255 super smoker fuel line pinch off with lever for servo activation.

Ukie combat pinch offs usually made by cottage industry and are operated by centrifugal force levered weights that operates in event of a linecut flyaway.

422 Quarter forty pylon racers with mostly Nelson engines and no air cutoff or throttle usually use a home made affair that is just a piece of wire attached to the servo output arm and through a washer or wire ring. It has a hook on the end that grabs the fuel line. When activated the hook pulls the fuel line through the loop and pinchs off the line.

John
Old 04-14-2003, 03:09 AM
big max 1935
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fuel Cutoff

Used to use one years ago on 1/2A pylon racer .All it was a "T" in the fuel line & a wire from the elevator that pinched the line from the bottom of the T closed, a quick full down elevator would release the pinched line & the air leak would stop the engine. Real simple & never failed.>>>>>>big max 1935>>>>>>>>
Old 04-17-2003, 01:51 AM
Donk

Default Fuel Cutoff

Most of us in SAM just pull the fuel line off...

B & W Models sells a simple fuel tubing pincher also.

If you want his e-mail I'll give it to you...

[email protected]
Old 09-27-2009, 08:36 AM
CheAld

Default RE: Fuel Cutoff

Look up Killer RC. Gas Kill Switch activated by remote control with 3rd channel. It kills ignition coil on the 1/8 buggies 4 stroke engines. wwwkillerrc.com
Old 09-27-2009, 12:22 PM
Doc.316

I've seen many that were just a noose of wire that pinches off the line. Actually a couple of these were just a couple of holes in the firewall with a wire that went around the fuel line then back to a servo (or the down elevator). Another scheme that we have used on pylon racers is a fixed fuel line to the bottom of the tank. You turn the airplane upside down and it dies (this is not the system if you are planning to do outside maneuvers or inverted flight of course)...but it works well on pylon racers.

Steve
Old 09-27-2009, 12:30 PM
CoosBayLumber
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: big max 1935

Used to use one years ago on 1/2A pylon racer .All it was a ''T'' in the fuel line & a wire from the elevator that pinched the line from the bottom of the T closed, a quick full down elevator would release the pinched line & the air leak would stop the engine. Real simple & never failed.>>>>>>big max 1935>>>>>>>>

During the 1960's and 1970's the fuel cut was REQUIRED equipment for a pylon racer. Lotssa designs were shown in magazines. You may be in wrong hole here, and need to get over to the pylon racers' forums.

Wm.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:55 PM
psuguru

Perry have a number of servo operated valves:www.perrypumps.com/prod03.htm