Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

A copyright question

Old 05-02-2003, 07:44 PM
Ikaros

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A copyright question

I would like to contribute to modelling somehehow and use my professional skills in making drawings.

I Have a set of Graupner Taxi plans from 1975 and I have also built a model after those drawings two times, first time 20 years ago, second time this winter.

I would like to share the joy of those old well designed models by making digital versions of the documentation.

Question is if I would get into trouble legally.

Original drawings says that commercial use of them is prohibited.

However, I have no intentions to make money at all from this.

Is there any interest at all anyway ?

Cheers,
Ikaros
Old 05-03-2003, 02:00 PM
CoosBayLumber
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This subject was quite well beat up in the CAD forum last month. May want to review the same matter there.

Wm.
Old 06-16-2003, 07:11 PM
airbatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Copy away and make money at the same time. Ain't no one gonna care. Copyright-smoppyright.

Kraus
Old 06-17-2003, 10:39 AM
Mike Denest
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by airbatic
Copy away and make money at the same time. Ain't no one gonna care. Copyright-smoppyright.

Kraus
You're right! Check out the countless bootleggers on eBay that are stealing someone's hard work. Run as many copies as you want; no one cares, including the designer. They would end up spending more paying lawyers to chase the bandits than it is worth. If they refuse to enforce their rights then then shame on them.