Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC
Reload this Page >

LA-17 Veron ducted fan kit

Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

LA-17 Veron ducted fan kit

Old 05-17-2003, 12:37 AM
Larry F

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LA-17 Veron ducted fan kit

Hello,
I just saw a very interesting kit online for sale and i am wondering if anyone knows more about it. It says it is from 1952 and it is a Veron kit that is a free flight ducted fan. Did these really fly? Never heard of one.

Larry
Old 05-19-2003, 07:59 PM
Al Valdman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Veron LA-17

Hello,
The kit you have mentioned is extremely rare, as I went and looked, it has the metal impeller. This means it is in the production of the first 100 kits. I lived in England at the time and saw these planes fly at a ful scale airshow in 1949. The one I purchaced that day is long gone, but flew quick well with a E;fin diesel. If you are serious about this kit, I would buy it as you may never see another.
I am very surprised so close to the end of the auction this kit is less than $40. A similar one sold a year or so ago in England for well over $150. It is most likely not well known here.

Al