Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

Wing warping Taub

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 06:17 AM
nchrome

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wing warping Taub

I plan on building a 1/4 scale Taub and would like to try to build in a wing warping system for the alerions. Could anybody give me some ideas on how I would be able to do this with high tourque servos. I do know that you would use a mast and cables. but I just don't know just how to go about it for scale appearance.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:27 AM
LesUyeda
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Wing warping Taub

I don't know who to give credit, but someone posted this some time ago.

Les
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11535.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	148.1 KB
ID:	1010580  
Old 08-13-2008, 12:28 PM
pimmnz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Wing warping Taub

The drawing is generic, you can fit the idea to any monoplane with warping. What it doesn't show is that you must also have, along with the 'flexible' rear spar (often hinged at the fuselage) is ribs that are not rigidly attached to the spar, and fabric stitched, but not shrunk, to the ribs and trailing edge. Any tight fabric will nullify the effect you are tying to achieve and no servo will have the power to overcome the result. It is likely that you should arrange to have much more 'up trailing edge' warp than down, as the adverse yaw effects of twisting the whole wing can be huge, and will result in the airplane turning the opposite way to the applied control.
Evan.