Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC
Reload this Page >

Top Flite Taurus ARF price? What are they worth? Might sell here or on ebay.

Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

Top Flite Taurus ARF price? What are they worth? Might sell here or on ebay.

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 02:23 PM
MARCOS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top Flite Taurus ARF price? What are they worth? Might sell here or on ebay.

Hello I have a fully built Taurus with all linkages and engine mount. It has an Enya 60 III and a couple of mufflers. The plane is complete with old style tires and all the linkages are working but ih has no radio. The canopy has not been glued on yet. It is still in like a white smooth fabric (not monokote) with the design penciled in. I bought it from a gentleman in MT Airy NC that had built several of them and had a beautiful finished one also. He was in his 80s and said he was starting to fly more electrics than gas since his vision was not what it used to be. Really nice guy. I had posted a want it now here in RC and he contacted me. I met him and bought it but have never done anything with it. He had more planes in his basement than most hobby shops. I wish I could remember his name. Anyway I was thinking of selling the plane and was hoping someone could give me an idea/avg of what they are worth now since I paid a prime for it when I bought it. Any advice would be apreciated. Thanks
Old 12-19-2008, 08:12 PM
propbuster
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Top Flite Taurus ARF price? What are they worth? Might sell here or on ebay.

Not worth much anymore these days, but I'd be willing to take it off your hands for the postage! No really, it's hard to say, how long ago was it built? Old glue joints tend to weaken with age. Older already built models are somewhat suspect in my book. Good luck with your sale.
Old 12-20-2008, 10:06 AM
WEDJ

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Top Flite Taurus ARF price? What are they worth? Might sell here or on ebay.

Photos?
Old 12-20-2008, 11:25 AM
MARCOS

Thanks for the reply. I have had it since 03. The guy I bought if from said he had built it a few years before but had not finished it. He did what he considered some upgrades to it like the wing goes on with plastic screws instead of rubber bands. Also he said he built the wing with the trailing edge is straight as opposed to the leading edge being straight. He said the guy that designed it had a different style wing so he wanted to have a Taurus with both different wing designs. I have pictures of his other finished Taurus. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ax72860.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	1093111   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh20713.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	1093112  
Old 12-20-2008, 02:50 PM
WEDJ

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice photos. Looks like the guy did a good building job.
Old 12-20-2008, 06:11 PM
pimmnz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Straight T/E is a Kazmirski mod, used on his Taurus 2, along with a 1" reduction in fuselage length, intended for propo radio. So the mod is not unique, but it is totally acceptable for VR/CS and SPA. Check the joints, finish and fly.
Evan, WB#12.
Old 12-21-2008, 10:07 AM
MARCOS

Hello I want to thank everyone for their information and replies. I have added some pictures of some of the other work the builder did. Not sure if this helps or hurts it. He said he had built over 10 Taurus for himself and other people but he did not like the gap that was left under the wing. So he filled it in and finished around the wings. I am going to see if I can find the name of the guy that built it but I am thinking It was Carl Carson in MT Airy NC and he is/was a member of RC Universe. I am going to look at some of my old cell phones to see if I have his name. Thanks again to everyone that has posted.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh15956.jpg
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	1093814   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu64763.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	1093815   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yd83824.jpg
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	1093816  
Old 12-21-2008, 10:18 AM
MARCOS

Hello, I have comfirmed the builder as Carl Carson in MT Airy NC his RC Universe ID is Carson it shows him to have 59 years building experience and is still active in the clasifieds as of 10-08. Thanks again to everyones info.