Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC
Reload this Page >

80" Playboy Control Wing

Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

80" Playboy Control Wing

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 06:26 PM
dicknadine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 80" Playboy Control Wing

here's the latest model in process again. dug it out again. structure complete. now to modify fuselage top to accept the moveing up and down wing half's, struggle with a slideing servo tray, figure out wing to fuselage attachment, etc, etc. dick
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63976.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	1139891   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs59370.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	1139892  
Old 02-19-2009, 07:31 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: 80" Playboy Control Wing

"Key" the rear of the wing with a dowel in one half that protrudes into the other half
Old 02-21-2009, 02:25 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I beleve the term controlwing is used to describe an articulated wing where the entire wing is an aileron. Articulated rather than twisted as the Wrights and some others did. The Spratt controlwings (full scale) also included incidence control for pitch control and I suppose that is the need for your servo mixer.

Dick you can get tiny electronic servo mixer's now for very little now, GWS has a very inexpensive one and this would prevent a lot of heart burn and weight working with a mechanical slider.

John
Old 02-21-2009, 07:49 AM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

It would take very little movement of the wing to notice a large change in the attitude of the aircraft.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:36 PM
dicknadine

you are correct. friend of mine is the producer of the current full sized/ man carrying Spratt Control wing and is trying to find a new producer of it, his age/health has put a stop to his activity on it. if your interested, I will get you in contact with him. dick
Old 03-14-2009, 11:19 AM
dicknadine

here is today's status. NOT much new ! daily rain sessions have sorta dampened the desire to complete the 80" Playboy Control Wing version. in process of bending landing gear wire, while I think about servo locations and method to drive the wing half's. have received about 1/2 dozen idea's so far. spend too much good time watching the Red Cardinals gourge them selves, in yard out side my window. the males are brillient Red. at least 1/2 dozen constantly. at least my Super Bad/Strong Cold has almost dissapeared, sleep most of the night without hacking. dick
Old 03-21-2009, 03:09 AM
john schicker

Hi Dick did i ever send you a shot of the playboy 82 inch wing span .Very hot here 23 deg do you want some heat over there .....Cheers john
Old 03-21-2009, 10:27 AM
dicknadine

Morning John. No photo's recv'd so far. no progress to report, have had the Blath's - do feel much better this AM, so maybe some balsa progress on the 80" Playboy Control Wing. sun shineing bright @ 42F, no breeze and the Red Cardinals are gourgeing them selves. sun shineing bright, No breeze, might be sombody at the flying field later on. dick