Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

Identification Please

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 11:20 PM
CoosBayLumber
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Identification Please

Identification Please

Attached is a picture of some cowls to SIG models. But which ones? Dusty, SIG label on inside, and of some sort of thin fiberglass is only thing I know at this point.

Light one at top is biggest, and possibly designed for an inverted one banger. Middle one looks like to be designed around some opposed Lycoming design, that narrows at the rear. The bottom one is smallest, rather cone shaped and round overall, and may have been for a .09 or .049 powered aircraft.

Any one have an idea as to what model they were to fit then?

Wm.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om33437.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	11.4 KB
ID:	1161699  
Old 03-20-2009, 01:54 AM
stuntflyr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Identification Please

The top ones look like the Chipmunk or Zlin cowls, possibly for the C/L Stunt models. The middle ones look like there the Super Chipmunk C/L Stunt model. The little ones I don't know.
Chris...
Old 03-20-2009, 06:11 AM
gittarpikk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Identification Please

I agree with stuntflyer on the Chipmunks... Bottom one looks more like some sort of universal.