Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC
Reload this Page >

Berkely Brigadier plans?

Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

Berkely Brigadier plans?

Old 06-20-2003, 11:30 PM
r1morris
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Berkely Brigadier plans?

Want to surprise an old friend with a set of Berkely Brigadier Plans
Was his first airplane in the 1950's
All we are looking for is a copy of the plans. We will make up the kit for him. Its for a retirement thing. any help will be appreciated.
Old 06-21-2003, 02:12 AM
Dsegal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

See Model Airplane News plan no. FSP11772. This is Doc Mathews redesign for RC and .09-.15 power. Model Builder plan no. 184-O.T is for a 1/2A Texaco event version. Northrop's plan service is the source for that one.

Dave Segal
Old 06-21-2003, 03:09 AM
r1morris

Thanks Dave looks like that will work . He wants to RC the plane anyway.
Old 06-21-2003, 10:06 AM
s. wallace
My Feedback: (24)

Default Berkely Brigadier

You could just surprise him with a kit... Klarich Kustom Kits has the Brigadier in "short" kit form.
Plans, ribs, formers, LG & ply parts...builder supplies the strip wood. I have built one for RC, flew very nicely.
I think Klarich has a website, he kits probably 100+ old timer & 50's era models.

Scott
Old 06-21-2003, 12:27 PM
Dsegal

r1morris- a word of caution if someone offers you a copy of the old Berkely plan. Many kit plans did not show patterns of all of the parts as they were provided on the print wood.

Dave Segal
Old 06-21-2003, 07:22 PM
kdheath

Default Re: Berkely Brigadier

Originally posted by Scott Wallace
You could just surprise him with a kit... Klarich Kustom Kits has the Brigadier in "short" kit form.
Plans, ribs, formers, LG & ply parts...builder supplies the strip wood. I have built one for RC, flew very nicely.
I think Klarich has a website, he kits probably 100+ old timer & 50's era models.

Scott
Say, Scott, how was the wood and cutting? Original plans or redrawn?
Thanks,
Kelvin
Old 07-13-2003, 03:54 PM
L19Birddog48

Morris! If I can be of any help let me know! I have the Kit!, If you are seeking the original plans copy just give a shout, if needed I"ll copy some parts from die-cuts as well, to make things easier.
If your in need of a PROFFESIONAL remake kit of this model I STRONGLY suggest "JOE Grasso Vintage Kits", In my opinion, I have yet to see any-one come close to Joes talents in kit reproduction.
I have several of Joes kits and theirs only one word to describe his EXACT reproduction of these old kits "UNBELEIVABLE", in todays world of so many people trying to make a buck and shorcut the buyer, heres one guy that DOESN"t take shortcuts, His quality of wood selection and precision hand cutting of these kits is second to none in my opinion, even the packaging is A+.
I have been extremely happy with the kits I have from Joe, and, have shown these kits to many of my modeling friends, they all agree they are the best they have seen yet!!
Joes address is: Joe Grasso
8 Quiet Forest
Sylva, N.C.
828-631-3693
[email protected]
Happy Flying!
L19birddog48
Old 07-13-2003, 07:36 PM
jessiej

CAD drawn Brigadier plans and lazercut parts are available from Bob Holoman-www.bhplans.com. I have been very pleased with their quality.

Jessie
Old 08-01-2003, 04:19 PM
r1morris

I want to thank one and all for their Help.
A very nice gentleman Emailed me and offered to copy a set out of an original kit. They came in and I just had to have set for myself so I got kinkos to make a few more sets.
I'm thinking this little ship is going to be a great park flyer with a speed 400 setup in it. Just so happens I have everything but the covering for this one. I need another airplane, don't we all ?
My friend got his plan and hand cut kit in time by the way and is he one happy camper.
Thank you all for your help. RCU sure has some good people out there when you need them.