Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

Kraft radios

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 09:53 PM
etownflyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kraft radios

I'm looking for any technical documentation for a Kraft Spectrum 6 transmitter. Either a transmitter schematic and or encoder alignment instructions. I have service information on Kraft systems from Gold Medal series up to about 1980, but nothing other than a owners manual for the Spectrum Six.

For whatever it's worth, a friend and I have converted several 5 and 7 channel Kraft transmitters to 2.4 GHZ. It's not too hard and makes those old transmitters legal to operate without going to 6 meters. They work great by the way.

If anyone is interested we could put together a couple of pages of instructions and a few photos showing what we did.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Marshall
Old 08-24-2009, 10:28 PM
TFF

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Kraft radios

It would be cool to see the mod. I have 2 Spectrum 6s both on FM with Kraft RXs among others. Found both for $10 at the used side of the hobby shop. I have the regular repair manual too; nothing on the 6.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:49 PM
etownflyer

OK Guys,

I now have the info. Thanks. And I will try to put together my notes and a few pics in the next few weeks.
Old 08-30-2009, 03:12 AM
john schicker

Would like to convert a Kraft Radio to 2.4 ghz if you could help me Marshell........Kind regards john
Old 08-30-2009, 06:59 PM
FSFLYER
My Feedback: (12)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you using the XPS 2.4gH module & receiver?
Old 08-30-2009, 08:34 PM
etownflyer

Hi John,

I will get my notes and some pictures together and email them to you. It will be a couple of weeks yet. I will be on vacation for the next week or so. When I return I will get going. I use the spectrum Futuba tx module and matching receiver. Really pretty simple.

More later
Old 08-31-2009, 07:36 AM
RACE 66

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Ahhh Kraft, no finer in it's day !! I've got a Sport 5 channel I bought new in 1972 along with a 1976 Signature series, still a good radio. It will be interesting to see what's in store here. I wouldn't be hesistent to fly either one. I'll stay tuned.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:24 PM
aerowoof

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Marshall,
I have a 7Z transmitter that has been somewhat dissassembled but it is complete.I think it would be a good candidate for this type of conversion.I would appreciate you help also?what parts need to be purchased and from where?