Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC
Reload this Page >

Scaled down Lanzo Bomber ?

Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

Scaled down Lanzo Bomber ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 12:39 PM
Ed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scaled down Lanzo Bomber ?

Anyone flying a reduced version of the Bomber on electric ? Just wondering about the size you scaled it down to, the electric components that you used, and how does it go ?

Ed
Old 10-04-2009, 09:04 AM
CoosBayLumber
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Scaled down Lanzo Bomber ?

Via the volumne of comments, I think that there are a number of such uses noted over at SAMTalk on Yahoo last couple of years.

If not already, you need to inquire there. May be slow this week for it is their championship in South Nevada going on.

Wm.
Old 10-04-2009, 05:22 PM
Ed

SAMTalk refuses to talk to me. [>:] And so, I am still hoping for a reasonable answer from RCU.

I have decided that I will be building a 58", 440 sq in version of the Bomber. Estimated weight is 24 oz.

I'll be using a Hacker A 20-26 M with a RPM/V of 1130, operating current of 12 A, Peak Watts of 150. The motor weighs 1.48 ozs. Using just 2 LiPo cells, do you think that this combination will have a reasonable climb rate ?

This newbie thanks you.

Ed
Old 10-05-2009, 11:10 PM
Ken Kehlet
My Feedback: (89)

Hi,
I have a Brand New Leasure Kit of the Lanzo Bomber. ~70" Wingspan designed for the Astro Geared 05 Electric and 10X6 prop. All ribs & cut parts still in the Plastic bags, Plans rolled. I may build it someday.

Regards,
Ken
Old 09-17-2010, 04:20 PM
KenD
My Feedback: (65)

Hi Ken,
I have the same kit and a short kit of the 1/2a. Plan to build them this winter and finish a few other started kits.

KenD