Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

THE HAWK FLIES

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 12:30 PM
deckape

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default THE HAWK FLIES

I took my Goldberg P6E Hawk out yeaterday for a test flight, I like doing thing right likje my late Father said one time if your in doubt stay out. I called up a buddy of mine a experienced RC pilot, to come over to my home to test and tutor me in flying my Goldberg Hawk.

a took a little more then a 100 ft to get off the ground she was airborn, Didn,t fly fast more scale like this is what I hoped for. I,m not ready for fast jobs yet I need more training before I get the courage up to go with bigger engines. This is my very first Rc plane I ever flew. Like a child with a new toy like Christmas to me LOL, I would like to thank every one of you fellas out there in helping me on my past thread , I put in a little more Dihedral on top and bottom wings the plans call for 1 inch I put in 11/2 inch,s in the sky it flies like a vulture both wing tips going up and down very stable. For landings I had to add power, not to good on the glide pattern it comes down to fast the landings were smooth no bang ups. Once again I,m very greatfull for all your help your a swell bunch of fellas

Thanks
Franklyn Day
Retired U.s. Navy BMC
Old 10-16-2009, 03:55 PM
aerowoof

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: THE HAWK FLIES

congratulations.Bibes always require power on a bit more during landings due to the extra drag from the 2nd wing
Old 10-16-2009, 06:03 PM
deckape

Thanks Mike

This winter I,lkm going to build my Kyosho C124-A Globemaster 8ft wing span I bought this beast when i was stationed in Japan in 1963 it requires 4 19 engines U controll job this thing is huge. Not certain if I can RC it I amagine it will take alot of effort and planning. I have to ponder on it.

Thanks Franklyn
Old 10-16-2009, 06:18 PM
otrcman

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well done, Franklyn. I saw a Goldberg P6-E fly some years ago and it looked fantastic, but it also was flown by a very capable RC pilot. It had a glide like a Phantom with both engines out.

And by the way, Thank You For Your Service.

Dick Fischer
Old 10-17-2009, 07:05 AM
pd1

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congratulations Franklyn on a successful test flight.

I'm also partial to the P6 E. I painted one of my bipes to look like one.
The P 6 E looks nice in the air.

Will you post some pictures?

Paul
Old 10-17-2009, 10:36 AM
buzzard bait

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey Franklyn, I'm really happy for ya! Congratulations on doing this the right way, and thanks for letting us know. I like scale-like flight and a long take-off run on planes like this. Now, if you can manage a pic...?

Jim
Old 10-17-2009, 11:57 AM
deckape

Okay gang mama san is getting me a digical camera next week and i will post some pictures for you fellas out there. Well got finished with my Breakfast off to the feild with buddy Robert for another flight he grabb some of his planes also so it looks like a great were going to have a swell day today. finally got some sunshine out here in Ohio land, I,m about bughouse over this rain i think we all are all though we do need it. Thanks gang for your replies to my thread your the best.

Franklyn Day
Retired U.s. Navy BMC