Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC
Reload this Page >

midwest sweet stick plans wanted

Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

midwest sweet stick plans wanted

Old 01-31-2010, 04:11 PM
76htodchris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default midwest sweet stick plans wanted

hello all,

new member here, and long time flyer. 46 now, and built a sweet stick when i was 18 and flew it for many years. i cannot find any NOS kits, or anything other than pics on here, found through a google search. i reached out to midwest a few years ago, and oddly, no one there has any laying around, or even seemed to care to rejuvinate this great plane.

if anyone can steer me where to find the plans, i would appreciate it.

Chris in Dallas
Old 01-31-2010, 05:21 PM
RFJ

Default RE: midwest sweet stick plans wanted

Kit available here - [link]http://lazer-works.com/mid-sweet-st.html[/link]

Ray
Old 01-31-2010, 05:42 PM
spaceworm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: 76htodchris

hello all,

new member here, and long time flyer. 46 now, and built a sweet stick when i was 18 and flew it for many years. i cannot find any NOS kits, or anything other than pics on here, found through a google search. i reached out to midwest a few years ago, and oddly, no one there has any laying around, or even seemed to care to rejuvinate this great plane.

if anyone can steer me where to find the plans, i would appreciate it.

Chris in Dallas

I don't have the midwest SS, but here is one of the many variets of Phil Krafts poriginal Ugly Stik: Enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr49373.jpg
Views:	406
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	1368977   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa86172.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	1368978   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gl20790.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	1368979   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uo36371.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	1368980   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oz31474.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	1368981  
Old 01-31-2010, 09:05 PM
Sir Crashalot

If you want to cut your own kit, the Midwest kit plans are available from the AMA Plan Service. Check out their web site at: http://www.modelaircraft.org/plans.aspx
Old 02-01-2010, 12:03 AM
76htodchris

Ray, Space, and Bob -

Thanks for the attention.  It makes me realize that when I started my last plane 10 years ago - a Hog Bipe by Sig, I remember thinking, buy extra balsa, and make 2 from the same kit.  At least have patterns of the pieces.  I was almost finished with that project when my wife came in, and said - 'we're pregnant!"  Not until recently have I had the desire to fly again, and I could want to rebuild any of the planes I actually flew - kadet, falcon, kommander, kougar, 1/2 a p51, or my sweet stik.  why the stik is the one, i do not know.  i think it had the most influence on my flying, and it was the plane that i wanted when i first got into it.  standing there as a small kid, watching the fliers at the field flying them - probably the most popular plane on that field in the mid seventies.

i have some resources now, and i have enjoyed finding this forum.  the web is great for stuff like this, and i appreciate your input.

more to come.  btw, i gave my hog bipe away, 95 percent finished to a friend who had 2 young boys. 

Chris
Old 02-01-2010, 07:11 PM
amelia-air
My Feedback: (82)

Good Afternoon,
I sent my plans to a gentleman in California,and he made a copy,and sent them back.Still have them,if you want them.Just need a address where to send them.If you wish to make a copy,and return them,that would be OK also,but not required.E Mail me if you wishGood Luckjoann
Old 02-02-2010, 05:38 PM
Joe Nagy
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi Chris:

I was just making my rounds/brousing through eBay and found a Midwest Sweetstick kit for sale. [Kit # 128], eBay # is: 280458085301, and thought of you, requesting same. I hope you read this in time for the sale as it is for about 6-7 hours from now, or about 9 PM Mountain time. Good Luck, best regards from sunny and warm Arizona,

Joe Nagy.
Old 11-13-2010, 04:55 PM
Ernest T Bass

I managed to snag that ebay sale. I plan to create a template of the wood parts and a list of all the other parts hopefully with replacement parts where needed. I will build it from the templates to see that it works before building using original parts unless keeping the kit as is would be a better idea. It will take some time so I will keep in touch with this site from time to time with progress. I figured if I could get the kit I would do more than build it and prepare plans, instructions, templates and parts list where as someone else would just build it and no one else would benefit from it. Ihope this works out.