Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC
Reload this Page >

First semi scale biplane

Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

First semi scale biplane

Old 07-12-2003, 01:09 PM
Jon Farmer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First semi scale biplane

I am relatively new to the hobby, I have a trainer and a glider which I am learning to fly. However, I am mostly interested in scale aircraft pre 1939ish (but depending on 'character content'). The question is which should be my first.

Currently my local hobby shop has a Flair Legionaire (semi-scale Nieuport 17) on very special offer as they have decided to stop stocking kits and are going to stock ARF's only. It would be nice to save the money, but is not essential, and a false buy is wasted money anyway.

What are forummembers thoughts on this kit for somebody like me? I am a capable builder and have looked in the kit and am confident I can manage it just fine.

My flying skills are less, although I do not expect the plane to be ready in less than a year so I should get a reasonable amount of practice before then. My flying mates opinions are divided, but none of them have biplane experience, so maybe somebody with a bit of real life experience can help?

Sooner or later (Xmas latest) I will invest in a simulator, probably Realflite, will this help?

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-15-2003, 04:50 PM
wrbirch
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default which plane

I think the most important thing to consider would be which plane do YOU like...I personally like ones that look different than any other plane. Let your eyes and ego be your judge.