Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

2.4GHz Single-channel

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 01:22 AM
phil_g

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 049flyer
Here is my Owen Kampen designed Skamp. I re-drew it in CAD and cut out with a laser cutter. Flies great with a Cox Pee Wee .020 for power.
Nice!
It has a "Roarin' 20" look about it!
Small, simple models are so much fun. What's inside the Mule, I'm always interested to see different takes on modern S/C.
Cheers
Phil

www.singlechannel.co.uk

Last edited by phil_g; 06-20-2014 at 02:28 AM.
Old 06-20-2014, 04:18 AM
049flyer
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Greetings Phil_G!

The transmitter has your single channel encoder with a FrSky transmitter module.

Are you still making the encoders? I would like another and I have a friend in California that wants one too, in fact he will probably want several. I believe he is known as Jaymen on this forum. He repairs old radios.

Last edited by 049flyer; 06-20-2014 at 04:20 AM.
Old 06-21-2014, 01:01 AM
phil_g

Ah my apologies I wasnt fishing just curious as a few people have rolled their own recently, and "049flyer" didnt ring any bells - sorry!
Still making them, approaching 300 now including the reeds etc.
Yes I know Jay and we exchanged pm's only yesterday.
Please could you Email me with your request, I'll need your full postal address, whether you want a DIY or Futaba-style connector fitting, and whether you prefer Futaba or JR channel order (AETR/TAER). The only recent change to the spec is an inactivity timer in case you leave it switched on by accident (as I have a few times in the past!)
Cheers
Phil

Last edited by phil_g; 06-21-2014 at 01:12 AM.
Old 12-16-2015, 12:23 PM
phil_g

My Dad started me flying R/C at about 10 years old, and after varying success with his home-brew Single-Channel radios, the OS Pixie was our first ever commercial R/C set. It was supremely reliable and I've many happy memories of single-channel slope soaring back in the late 1960s. It had a relay receiver driving a 'Climax Unimite' motorized actuator which was incredibly noisy. It could be heard plainly at 400 feet above, but was very handy when finding a model buried in deep bracken!

Owning an OS Pixie again had been a nostalgic 'must' for some time, and so the hunt for a suitable donor commenced. Eventually at this year's Nats swapmeet, Shaun spotted an old, tatty Mk1 Pixie and I crossed the sellers palm with silver.
I was really chuffed to find this Pixie tx and paid £15 for it. Its far from mint, has cracks and chips but its just like the one we had all those years ago.

Ironically and purely by happenstance, I'm flying the OS Pixie in an Irvine 'Pixie' glider!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLbLAphbDfk Full story here
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	pixie_and_pixie_640480.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	239.5 KB
ID:	2136057