RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/golden-age-vintage-antique-rc-196/)
-   -   Glory Days Vintage RC Society Flyin May 14 Julian NC (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/golden-age-vintage-antique-rc-196/11626854-glory-days-vintage-rc-society-flyin-may-14-julian-nc.html)

BobHH 02-19-2016 06:12 PM

Glory Days Vintage RC Society Flyin May 14 Julian NC

2 Attachment(s)
OK guys,it's that time again for the Glory Days VRCS fly-in in Julian NC. We are now at a new field with 700 feet of paved runway and 1700 feet of new grass runway. New bathroom facilities, A large building to pit in if it rains and plenty of room to fly your vintage RC, Free Flight or Controline!!

Get out that old radio, send it to Jay Mendoza (Jayman), see attached flyer for refurbing and lets do some flying!!!

NOTE:All vintage radios that I will be flying have gone through Jay's shop. To date no issues with their operation or range!!! I will have single channel escapement, gallop ghost and a few single channel pulsers for you old timers and even new timers to try!!! Come out and enjoy the flying!!

Rubbernecker 02-21-2016 04:41 PM

Sounds great Bob looking forward to it. +1 on the Jayman plug. He has done work for me as well.

John

BobHH 04-13-2016 12:46 PM

One Month to go!!!!

etownflyer 04-14-2016 05:07 AM

I plan to be there Bob.

Marshall

maxpower1954 05-09-2016 08:54 PM

Hi Bob! Looks like I'll make it this year. Bringing my Senior Falcon with F & M Digital 5 TX, electric Testor Skyhawk, Ranger 42 and my Goldberg Shoestring (R/C conversion of the 16" rubber powered job). Looking forward to it!

Russ Farris

BobHH 05-10-2016 04:11 AM

Great Russ. Looking forward to seeing everyone!!

Bob

GREG DOE 05-11-2016 08:18 PM

Bob, Maybe next year. I've got a granddaughter's high school graduation. I'll be thinking about you guys. Greg

av8rsodt 05-18-2016 05:00 PM

How did the event go this weekend? Any pics?

We could not attend due to a basketball tournament.

Brian

gene6029 05-21-2016 04:23 AM

The event went off at the new site really well. More people attended than the previous year and the weather was great. Slight wind pick up in the afternoon. Marshall and Clyde Long were flying reeds and letting anyone fly attached to a buddy box that was interested in giving it a try. It was my first ever at flying off a paved runway, and did continuious touch and goes to get used to it. Jim Katz did a demo flight with one of his ballistic (428?) pylon planes that was awesome to watch. Russ Farris was flying his trusty Sr Falcon on 27Mhz without any issues all day. Once again Bob Harris provided great food and fellowship for a bunch of guys to have fun for a day! The new site is definitely a 10!....Gene

av8rsodt 05-21-2016 05:23 AM

Thanks Gene. Hated to miss the event, especially at the new field.

Hoping we can make it next year.

Brian

boberos 05-22-2016 01:28 PM

Hi BobHH,

Would love to see some pics, either here or at VRCS site.

Thanks,
BobG